The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8034072736_441b998193_z.jpg

Gonna post this here too. These are finally finished. Split zine with Sam Stephenson, 100 copies, hand numbered and sealed. Each with 2 prints inside. Double sided, photos from Japan.

If you're interested swing me a PM and I'll work out getting one to you.

Got my copy

all I can say is

sweetphoto.jpg

nice packaging

Edit: Photobucket is being retarded

yowza. grasp those are some ill shots. props.

i've been doing product shots and graphic design for a local designer toy company for a while now. though i generally think i do an okay job, i'd like some constructive criticism and tips on how to better light these type of subjects and capture the fine details.

i shot this with two flashes: one corded to the camera held above my head and one to the left of it on a remote. i used a 24-60mm and cropped the shot pretty heavily. i've used a macro lens in the past, but due to the shallow DOF some of the details are out of focus. i've tried focus stacking but i'm either doing something wrong or not using a steady enough tripod.

frankenfett_with_lettering.jpg

these are my favorites from the first couple rolls of film i've shot. it's fun but kinda expensive to have developed. just got an old enlarger and most of the chemicals to start my own darkroom though.

Much cheaper if you do it yourself!

I haven't been shooting much lately, been buried in work. And especially not film. Mostly just my little digital point and shoot.

Las Vegas, NV:

8086502614_8241867c01.jpg

8084094312_cdebb6e5d3.jpg

Modena, UT (modern-day ghost town):

8059424413_cc3240ddf8.jpg

This is an in-camera panaroma from my cell phone:

8057170780_05e16c89e3_c.jpg

Welcome to southern Utah.

So i'm not really sure where else to post and ask this but:

My sisters friend asked me to shoot her son's baptism coming up in November.

This is going to be my first "professional" event....i've never done photography as a job so i'm kind of nervous.

She asked me how much i charge...i have no idea, any suggestions? I will be taking photos at the church for the ceremony and then after at a banquet hall for a little celebration where she told me i have food and open bar included :D

On the equipment side of things, i have a 35mm 1.8 prime lens, a 18-55 3.5 lens and a 55-200 5.6 lens. what should i take? I was thinking of taking my 35 and maybe the 18-55? I can't use flash at the church so i think the 35 would be my best option, i checked out the church there should be plenty of available natural light.

Any general tips/advice?

I'm not a pro but I know this much:

Take lots and lots of pictures.

Bring extra memory cards and battery packs if at all possible.

If they want family group shots, try to make a list beforehand of all the combos (parents with kid, grandparents with kid, parents and grandparents with kid, whatever) and check them off as you go, so none get forgotten.

I'm sure you'll get lots more good advice. Congrats on the job!

yowza. grasp those are some ill shots. props.

i've been doing product shots and graphic design for a local designer toy company for a while now. though i generally think i do an okay job, i'd like some constructive criticism and tips on how to better light these type of subjects and capture the fine details.

i shot this with two flashes: one corded to the camera held above my head and one to the left of it on a remote. i used a 24-60mm and cropped the shot pretty heavily. i've used a macro lens in the past, but due to the shallow DOF some of the details are out of focus. i've tried focus stacking but i'm either doing something wrong or not using a steady enough tripod.

frankenfett_with_lettering.jpg

If your gonna shoot product you want to use a small aperature f11 f16. That way the object will be in focus. Another thing is you dont want to use hard light when lighting anytype of product you want to diffuse it using spun glass or any type of white plexi or you place the light from the back and shoot it forward you can bounce the light using white cards by moving them forward you can make it brighter.

if you want PM me i could break it down even more Technically