The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I wanted to buy the 35mm nikon lens f1.8, anyone know about it? used it? likes/hates it?

Get it. Since I've bought that lens, it's all I have used, excluding the occasional fisheye shot. Obviously I'd prefer the 1.4, but for $200 for the 1.8, there is absolutely no reason not to own that lens if you're shooting a Nikon DSLR. Great lens, light weight, and good every day lens at 1.8, so it's easy to shoot both low light or daytime.

• Like 1

I've been lurking a lot more than I've been posting, but thought this was post worthy--hopefully thread appropriate. (hi everyone)

As planned, today, myself and 2 other girlfriends wanted to go play "photoshoot" on a very amatuer level, with the intentions of having fun, learning a bit from eachother and being comfortable around eachother because of the nature of our pictures.

We all live in Vegas, and drive south on the 15 about 30 min (almost at Primm), also close to a closed down prison I believe. We pull over to a spot thats about a mile from the freeway, under a little place so we can be on the tracks (we cross under them to park)

We all bring random items. ie.. rope, wigs, duct tape, heels, lingerie, hats, skulls, blood, candles, small blow up intertube, hatchet and a few other items. I have my Nikon & Sony (yeah, I still love my Sony), they bring a Nikon, Canon and one brings a vintage camera (I couldnt tell you what it was) and an oooolld Polaroid (I talk a lot, but just trying to set this up, im sorry) We each have an idea of how we want to be photgraphed, and our own pictures are taken with our own cameras, but through the eye of the other two people (like some type of photo exchange).

We are up on the tracks. I am taking pictures of my blonde friend, Sara, who is in white dress and holding the vintage camera, looking through it at times. My other friend is kind of to the side of me. In between scene/clothing changes we all have our phones that we are taking more candid type pictures with as well. Sara takes a few pictures with her phone, looking down into the view finder of the vintage camera.

We all get home not too long ago, and are sending phone flix back and forth, because we got some artsy fartsy cool shots bro with iphones.

Sara sends me one...

vintageview.jpg

sends me few more then sends me this one along with, OMG, IS THERE A FUCKING GHOST IN THIS SHOT??

vintageview2.jpg

I go back and look at the first one, and the image is in that picture, too.

we all comb through our pictures, and dont pick up anything else.

super creepy x 10000 I bugged out a lil especially since we were out there fucking around with suggestive death pictures. What do you guys think? Not to get into a "do you believe" debate, but wtf? I dont know how old that camera is, or where she got it from, but (if you believe) do you think it is something to do with the camera, or just our location? (I believe, just so you know) It still makes my hair stand on end and we cannot explain it. Thought id share.

Ill also share this, because it is the photography thread-- this is the 3 of us. (mind you we ARE NOT models, nor professionals, just out to have some fun)

DSC_0512.jpg

SMdoubleXL do you know the girl well? cuz it looks shopped. there is a clear box around it. also if not it could be a glare/reflection of what is behind the camera.

also, ONE shot of the shoot you had? wtf? come on girl! hahah

good to see you been out shooting shit, sounds like a spot your gonna have to show me next time im in town!

I know her very well about 13 yrs now. I just recently had to show her how to watermark, because she didnt know how. I know she didnt shop it - either picture - clear box around it also appears on the other side as well. I dont know the camera, so i dont know what im looking at inside exactly. Im not comin in here to debate or defend- I just wanted to share. I admire all of you and look up to you all, so pardon me and my silly haunted camera statements. I only posted one, IHATEU, because almost 99% of the pictures I took are not in my posession. this was part of the project. but I will post a few from that day. some are taken of me by them. some taken by me of them.

(one of them candid phone shots- the real picture was taken from underneath the car on the other side)

photo.jpg

i took these-

DSC09883.jpg

DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

taken of me-

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0481-1.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

saw this thing coming towards us

DSC09877.jpg

DSC09878.jpg

DSC09879.jpg

DSC09880.jpg

this is Sara's Flickr and one of the pictures I took of her

"absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it rekindles the great." ~ comte debussy

just a few pics to make up for talkin. IHATEU, I honestly dont know if i have the balls to go back to that spot.

• Like 1

So i was checking out lenses for my D5000 today and i saw a 40mm f2.8 micro lens.....has anyone ever used this? would i be better off getting that or the 35mm or the 50mm??

I know the Micro lens isn't int he same category as the 35 and 50 but i was just wondering if anyone knew how it was?

I have limited funds and all three lenses are about the same price.

Any advice?

OMG i really like the broken window shots!

and a picture i liked from this weekend

DSC_0624-1.jpg

How you liking the f100? Been considering picking one up myself.

It's dope, much lighter then carrying around my F4s. Nice and quick, pretty good build. Plastic back though so dust can be a problem but for the weight and what it is, it's well worth it.

Doodle, get the 50mm. 35mm get's a bit boring in my opinion on the crop sensor. And 40mm is just a weird in between focal length that nobody really wants. Haha.