The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

To me what makes you a good photographer has little to do with your techniques for taking a photo, or the equipment for that matter.

Anyone can get lucky and take an aesthetically pleasing photo, or buy any combonations of equipment.

Pointing a camera at something and taking a picture is mad fucking easy.

To me what's important is timing, and location, as in putting yourself in the right place at the right time, consistently.

The effort it takes carve a path through life to get to these ideal circumstances, that's the real artistic technique.

That's what gets me stoked about Marco's and a lot of other peoples shots in here, the access they've shared in their work.

I appreciate that more than most people and feel like a lot of talented people don't give this enough thought.

that is a good question. i definitely hold some things in reserve but im such a fucking slacker that it kind of loses it's point anyway.

plus my alcoholism lowers my inhibitions just enough for me to post on the oontz. which I usually regret.

"one day it will be in my photo book" is my procrastination manifest. but one day it will. and the book will be huge and limited to one copy that i will burn in the woods.

Unless someone paid me to take a photo so they could use it, or it would blow up someones spot, best believe I'm posting it.

I really don't see any point in keeping it stashed, and posting a 690px wide shot being out there isn't going to hurt print sales, should that ever be an issue.

yeah. i think i'm just paranoid about everything. But would rather be like, "oh here's a book full of photos you've never seen but i fucking love."

like that os gemeos police academy shit, i dont think i've posted that, but you got a print.

so here's an exlady, a hummingbird, exlady, two more birds, and me ruining someone else's religion

lohi.jpg

7hbird.jpg

13lo3.jpg

brdas.jpg

7.jpg

Anyone on here gonna be at Fun Fun Fun Fest this weekend in Austin? I leave tomorrow and I'm shooting for Amp magazine and I'm stoked. The only thing that sucks is since the main bands are so big this year (Slayer, Danzig, Public Enemy, etc) they were only selecting certain photographers to shoot the big bands and I didn't get selected :( However I am stoked to shoot the rest of the fest :p

Also if anyone on here lives in Austin or knows Austin at all can you point me in the direction of some train yards to shoot? I'm hoping to get some graffiti pics while I'm there too.