The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

I don't like shooting 1600-3200. I prefer just to shoot 400 and push it. Plus I can manage with 400 at night alright. I'd probably say take 400 for travel, maybe a roll or 2 of 3200 but for general purpose 400 is great.

Take some portra 160NC for your colour stuff, then come back and fill the thread with amazing pictures from your travels!

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You have a great eye. This flick is so simple yet so amazing at the same time.

t4 portra. Close to the same place as last time, this one was in the evening. 35mm focal instead of 50.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6174/6154698418_d95d83719b_z.jpg

The colors on this one are amazing. I've always sucked with getting the colors I want out of the photo.

Something from today.

6159747828_0be44d49a6_z.jpg

Pressure drop by Ethiopiate, on Flickr

6159213363_fbf289c835_z.jpg

Don't by Ethiopiate, on Flickr

6159727844_4b1a4dbf1d_z.jpg

Contact by Ethiopiate, on Flickr

6159182807_58ed5102ae_z.jpg

Engine by Ethiopiate, on Flickr

• Like 1

IM gonna order some film for some upcoming trip. Film shooters. what do you prefer?

Ektar, portra, and superia is what I'm thinking, but would like some suggestions on bw film, as I dont use it much.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you're flying with film make sure to carry it with you on the plane. The baggage that is checked on the cargo goes through a much stronger x-ray, and it can mess up unprocessed film. If the film has already been developed it is not a problem though.

I've read that only certain film speeds are affected but can't remember now what they were--if it was fast film or slower film. I took about 20 rolls of film with me once, flying out of a small airport in Long Beach to Seattle, and asked them to hand-check the film (I carried it on with me)--she had to go through each roll and test it for various chemical residues, took forever. I decided next time I'll mail the film to wherever I'm going ahead of time. When I was done with my trip I just had it shipped home.

Yeah we ate at C&O Trattoria(AMAZING).And just so happened that Reese Witherspoon and her family were eating there at the same time.

My girlfriend is a huge fan of hers , and while we were waiting I noticed her and waiting too. They ended up sitting two tables next to us .The GF was so starstruck she barely ate. It was pretty cool.

I dug Abbot Kennedy blvd .

We also went to the NECKFACE show over in hollywood and got there 20 after it closed. Saw Neckface though.Pretty lame it closed so early (10pm)