The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

To me what makes you a good photographer has little to do with your techniques for taking a photo, or the equipment for that matter.

Anyone can get lucky and take an aesthetically pleasing photo, or buy any combonations of equipment.

Pointing a camera at something and taking a picture is mad fucking easy.

To me what's important is timing, and location, as in putting yourself in the right place at the right time, consistently.

The effort it takes carve a path through life to get to these ideal circumstances, that's the real artistic technique.

That's what gets me stoked about Marco's and a lot of other peoples shots in here, the access they've shared in their work.

I appreciate that more than most people and feel like a lot of talented people don't give this enough thought.

This can sort of be summed up in that old saying, "f8 and be there."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Maybe wait it out a while, as I was told last night "This is called the Nikon 1 for a reason"

It's the first camera of this type and a whole new market, so I'm sure soon enough they will be looking at a '2'. I know they're seeing what people think of the camera aesthetically at the moment and seeing what could change.

I hated the camera before I used it, I thought it was ugly as fuck. It still is, haha, but it actually performs really well. Took one out on the streets last night to road test and was pleasantly surprised.

Usually hate electronic viewfinders but it's probably the best I've used.

Enough camera talk from me though! The shots above were from the M8, we haven't been getting along but I'm giving her another chance. Happy with the colours on them.

I also had my nikon training last night. I think the 1v is okay, the multiple shot then camera choosing the best photo is kind of dumb. So is the photo motion thing with the music. The camera will be a good seller but no manual focus on the lens is a definite no for me.

also, where do you put the film in?

They rented out a whole science center museum thing for us to shoot in. I ended up using my m6 but this was shot with a p7100 before our testing.

m6vsp7100.jpg