The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ginger Bread Man

mercer. my fault.

i zoned on all that.

and here i am wondering why no one is critiquing, it probably because the image cant be viewed properly?

let me try again.

First time shooting in months, Went for a walk in the woods today.

Stumbled upon an old rotting hobo fort. Shoulda brought my tripod, it would made things ALOT better..Crits would be welcome.

redstripe.jpg

usa.jpg

hobocreek.jpg

hangout4.jpg

hobohangout.jpg

hangoutfront.jpg

bball.jpg

pipin.jpg

shitcase3.jpg

theway.jpg

Some photos I've shot in the past months with my film camera. It's more of a hobby thing for me, but I plan on getting some of the shots blown up onto canvas:

]

Really like the Sister Bay Marina shot and the Pink and Green shot. Keep it up man.

Developing your own film is insanely easy and you don't need a darkroom for it. I got a lightproof box that I use to open the film canister then roll it into a developing tank. The box I have is steel and has a lockable clasp (in case some asshole tries to fuck with you while your hands are stuck in the box I guess) and I feel very sure that no light will reach inside it. There are portable/bendable/fold-able boxes but they seem very flimsy to me.

The developing tank I have has an agitator that doubles as a thermometer which is useful because the temperature drops fairly dramatically once I add the developer in, so if it's a long development time, I can partially submerge it in warmer water. Stop and fix then rinse/wet and all good to go. There are clips you get so you can hang it to dry and it won't curl up, but I only have one set.

The darkroom for printing is not so easy, but a fairly spacious closet close to a bathroom/running water will do fine. It's recommended that you have running water in your darkroom, but I don't see why putting the paper into the rinse tray with fresh water then carrying the tray to a different room wouldn't work. Total darkness is best, but as long as your eyes take a while to see anything, and no light is shining or reflected directly onto your working area, your prints should turn out fine. I use a milk room in a barn and I just cut insulating foam into the small windows and foamed it up so "no" light comes through and put black trash bags over the large windows and cut the bags into strips to go over the doors when they're shut. My main problem is with the doors, but the strips work fine if you tape them down and a towel at the bottom the the door works really well.

I'm very, very exhausted and sorta drunk so I'm sure I missed things. Don't worry about my spelling, syntax or grammar please.

But please take that sticker off the bill of the hat.