The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I got some of my film shots back in the mail today, I'm just starting out so I'll share 2 that are decent

alex.jpg

Crits would help if you care

Okay , this photo is REALLY far back, but I had to quote this. Seriously, this photo is just really good, it has this teen spirit feeling. Reminds me of that movie American Graffiti.

I have no idea, but probably the scanner? Walmart employees?

I don't use filters, I have some Ilford SFX which is supposed to replicate infrared when you use a red filter, but haven't been able to find a red filter for any of my lenses. I haven't really been looking, but that would be the only time I would use a filter.

and.. your photo's would look better to me if they had more highlights. They have just the right amount of black, but nothing over 40% gray.

It looks like their scans so maybe it's just the type of film or processing or just the scanner. Either way that shot of the pallets would be dope with more white.

2010_05_07_2030_49.jpg

I even brought out the old tilt shift:

2010_05_07_1952_47.jpg

• Like 1

A.jpg

carbonda115.jpg

nova.jpg

imaplaback.jpg

impala_1.jpg

bacseats.jpg

windows.jpg

grany.jpg

I reallly need take trip back to this lot soon.

So much classic mojo in that place its hard to in in just one visit

Pluss im sure the inventory has changed

I borrowed a friend's mamiya 645 and a sekonic light meter so I've been using it a bit over the last week or so, I took the shots at the top of the page with it. I can't give that much advice since this is the first chance I've had to use one but I've enjoyed it so far. It's good being able to take an incident reading as well as reflected and I had a bit of a practise with it and my dslr on manual at first to get used to it. When I borrowed the mamiya before I used my nikon as a meter and it wasn't much fun carrying two cameras about.

This is the one I think. It's not got a spot meter but apart from that seems good, it's small and you can pick it up new relatively cheaply compared to a lot of other ones out there.

sekflashmatel308s.jpg

weird that's the exact one i was looking at. thanks though. you should get a mamiya leland, is that why you're borrowing it?

Yeh I'd really like to. I was thinking of it the other day, you can pick up a decent 645 for not very much but I don't really have the money for it at the moment, meant to be saving. I just got a new canon slr body instead since my EF gave up.