The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Pilau Hands
Originally posted by ese

havent had much time to shoot lately. I did however find time to sign up for the intermediate photography class at the school. starts wednesday...

I hope you have a good professor. Have fun bro.

I took a digital photo class and the professor was a fucking BITCH. She just talked about her trips to India and she always brought her little piss-ant dog to class.

Re: Re: that ole sunset clichè

Originally posted by NISO BRISTOL

lookin so fresh

Thanks.

I've never really dealt with a whole lot of photography, but sometimes you're in the right place at the right time I guess...

That was the view off my front porch at my old apartment and I snapped it to have something to remember.

Originally posted by crave

damn man, you've got barb/concertina wire off your front porch?

i still like the flick though.

Haha, yeah. It was razor wire on top of a fence...

There was a ditch on the other side and I guess the manager of the complex put it up to keep out all those hoodlums who painted the concrete in the ditch... ::snicker::

(and completely unrelated but, I'm not a 'man' although it's easy to see why someone would think so given that the majority of the people on this forum are guys....) ;)

ive been reading a lot of photography books, especially thoes of certin photographers work, cartier-bresson, tress etc. i read an article from cartier-bresson talking about how he dosent even consider photography an artisticly relavent medium and how he just does a lot of sketching now. being one of the more influential "artists" to me, Ive been forced to contimplate this opinion of his. not photography being accepted with painters and sculptures and the rest of the accepted 'art world' but it as a medium to actually convey feeling. i look at a lot of the stuff on this post and some i really like but a portion of it seems to be the same things i see happening in modern photography, just copied ideas on a different setting. well, i'd like to see other peoples opinions on all this shit i just discussed with myself, if anyone finds time to read it...

Originally posted by firsttake

a portion of it seems to be the same things i see happening in modern photography, just copied ideas on a different setting.

a few of my thoughts on this statement: The reason you see the same stuff on here as in modern photographyis because a lot of the subjects look good. Yes, you can look anywhere and see long exposures of cars, or photos of abandoned buildings, but they're fun and interesting subjects to take pictures of. I can look at any long exposure of cars or any abadoned house shot, and if it is good, no matter mow many times i've seen similiar photos, i still enjoy looking at them, and personally enjoy taking them. I just take photos of things i find interesting, and if other people think the same things are interesting and are taking photos of them, so be it. For me, photography is something that i think is fun, and as long as i'm getting pleasure out of taking my photos, i could care less who else has done similiar types of photos. Just some thoughts...

firsttake, you have to understand several things, it has always been that way. There are only so many topics that you can take pictures of...

Also anyone and everyone owns a digital camera and with the internet anyone can post an image... so you see a lot of amateur photographers, photos.. don't judge them so harsh. most are teenagers or in their early 20's.. Most don't have the eye for photography so the images seem to be very similar..

Take me for instance.. I've been taking pictures for 20 years.. I've always had a good eye, but my vision has taken off in the last few years. I feel my pictures are more creative.....I started taking panoramic shots (that way the person lookig at my shots can get a better feel of what I saw), and I've also been traveling a bit more... so a person like me can get a variety of shots..

Mind you I've never looked at the credits when I looked at photography books... Forget about what so and so says about photography... You do you and shoot what catches your eye... It's your vision.. there is no right or wrong....

www.deepinsidethemind.com

i defitnally agree with the fact that many of these pictures look good and that they are intresting. i believe that a picture is to convey certin emotions and occurence in a fixed period of time, even if it is a prolonged exposure..heh... anyways, i'm not questioning the validity of any of the work, i'm just saying that a lot of the things ive been seeing seem repetitive and that the same goes for the majority of photography for the last few years. i'm sure if i looked harder i'd find tons of experimental and new ideas, but it seems i'm just subjected to look at majorly what someone says is good now. just thoughts, i'm by no means trying to single out or insult anyone. through the posts ive looked at i really like a good amount of the work. keep posting.