The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If anyone wants to come and live in Sydney I will trade with you. Forever. Some of you guys have access to awesome shit. Those shots are sweet loseryouth, always delivering goods.

Always jealous of waffle's landscapes too, the one with the chipmunk on the last page is too good.

Great landscapes, snow, abandoned shit, everything good. Someone get me a job in one of your awesome locations and I will leave this place.

Anyway, I liked this one. Gonna head back here and shoot film next time. Wasn't happy with these digital shots.

dsc4641.jpg

Ok, since I bothered the hell out of some of you in the photo talk thread about a camera, Its time I post a few.

Been looking in this thread FOREVER it seems..and very intimidated YET extremely inspired by you all.

Critique or not (i know this is not THAT thread), I have already been graded a " I expected better from you" from the guy who does my prints. I have chosen a few favorites/ones I think are good, also to look back in a year and say.."damn!..how embarassing!" I know how it goes..we all think we're alright at first, then as we progress, we let go a bit more.

blah blah..i'm rambling like a girl.

It was prom obviously. (my kid is in some of these)

D.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

F.jpg

I.jpg

DSC_0808.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

(signature shot)

DSC_0472.jpg

• Like 1

If anyone wants to come and live in Sydney I will trade with you. Forever. Some of you guys have access to awesome shit. Those shots are sweet loseryouth, always delivering goods.

Always jealous of waffle's landscapes too, the one with the chipmunk on the last page is too good.

Great landscapes, snow, abandoned shit, everything good. Someone get me a job in one of your awesome locations and I will leave this place.

Anyway, I liked this one. Gonna head back here and shoot film next time. Wasn't happy with these digital shots.

dsc4641.jpg

thanks man i appreciate your comments as always. and i would totally come live in Australia, but maybe not forever haha

I have chosen a few favorites/ones I think are good, also to look back in a year and say.."damn!..how embarassing!" I know how it goes..we all think we're alright at first, then as we progress, we let go a bit more.

D.jpg

Every time I take a new photo I look back at the shots before that and think "Wow, they were really shit" apart from a few. It's an endless cycle, but it's good because it keeps you excited to get that next shot that's going to be better then anything else.

I like this first one, the sunlight in the hair from the back is really nice. Now that you've posted in here you've gotta start posting more! Weekly, haha.

Really not bad for just getting their new camera/getting used to using the viewfinder. Just look at every dick on Tumblr who calls themself a 'photographer', you're already ahead ;)

living out here by monterey,california i see a lot of marine life and it's usually sunny here.

i took a few pics today around the area. my camera is a FujifilmFinepixS1000fd 10.0 Mega pixels.

Fishermans warf.

052.jpg

the water is always crystal clear.

054.jpg

the seal kep staring at me when i was getting close

050.jpg

Looked the other way.

051.jpg

and another one. quite an attraction. mating season they were all over the place. you could just reach and touch them.. didnt have my cam at the time.

053.jpg

history..

047.jpg

Ok, since I bothered the hell out of some of you in the photo talk thread about a camera, Its time I post a few.

Been looking in this thread FOREVER it seems..and very intimidated YET extremely inspired by you all.

Critique or not (i know this is not THAT thread), I have already been graded a " I expected better from you" from the guy who does my prints. I have chosen a few favorites/ones I think are good, also to look back in a year and say.."damn!..how embarassing!" I know how it goes..we all think we're alright at first, then as we progress, we let go a bit more.

blah blah..i'm rambling like a girl.

It was prom obviously. (my kid is in some of these)

D.jpg

(signature shot)

i hate to quote a photo that has already been quoted but this shot is awesome. it would have been better if you would have had an off camera flash to brighten them up, but your still learning and probably dont have the gear necessary to do that (Which I Dont Either). Keep up the progression SMDBLXL

^^^Digging the angle and composition but I think what i dig most is the semi candid feel it has.

Having a flash might ruin that for me since I'd notice the flash and thus loose that candid feel as well.

Although for the other 99% of people who aren't like me I agree a flash would help them out, I bet post could do that though.

Candid from Thursday night, 4:30 AM on the E train:

sleep.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Ginger Bread Man
i hate to quote a photo that has already been quoted but this shot is awesome. it would have been better if you would have had an off camera flash to brighten them up, but your still learning and probably dont have the gear necessary to do that (Which I Dont Either). Keep up the progression SMDBLXL

although flash would be ideal <real subtle> she could buy a reflector to bounce light. A Medium/Large and a Small would have worked beautifully as the sun was behind her subjects at the time.

you can only do so much in post before pixels start looking funny, this is more important when images will be printed however most people wont notice. Seeing as you are shooting digital, it is always recommended you shoot more frames than conventional film. The viewfinder/lcd display tends to be deceitful, particularly when shooting outdoors.

BUMP OMG.

Seeing as you are shooting digital, it is always recommended you shoot more frames than conventional film. The viewfinder/lcd display tends to be deceitful, particularly when shooting outdoors.

sage advice ..."live view"... heed the warning

Cham...

I like how the curve of the fisheye shots in 1 and 2 contours to the circle of rocks on the ground. The b and w fisheye has the least going on, which I am partial too. My eye is not distracted by anything..it goes from the rocks in the foreground to the rock formation in the back. The color one up top, is a bit to saturated for my liking and at points, leads my eye away from that direct path. However, the horizon line in the fisheye shots is a bit crooked, which bothers me. I like the 2nd one best..i think.