Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

staph infections

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Balki, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Balki

Balki Member

i got a bad case of the staph. everytime i get a new tattoo it seems like one pops up. i got some new work done like two weeks ago now i have TWO infections on my leg right next to it. shit sucks, they hurt like a bitch and you have to drain them. i need some anti-biotics or something. who else has had something of that sort?

2. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

damn that sucks.ive never seen it before and i hope i never do.google pictures look bad enough.

3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i hope this picture of an owl doctor helps. maybe you need a checkup. winnie the pooh, pooh pooh pooh pooh.

[​IMG]

4. Tough Love

Tough Love Senior Member

yeh i googled that shit too. even tho you were being a complete douche bag in my thread to me, i hope ur shit gets better

5. thesteelrod

thesteelrod Member

do you wash your hands before you put moistureizer on your tattoos? this might be your problem, the lower down on your leg the tattoo is the closer to the ground and all the dirt and dust it will be. nothing dirttier than a carpet...

6. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

No offense, but this is usually a sanitary condition. I wouldn't go back to that shop, if I were you..and, if you've gone to different shops and it keeps coming back, you better get it checked out by someone more qualified than Dr. 12 oz.

Seriously, staph can kill you, and it's a horrible way to go out.

7. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

or...wash your hands after you go to the bathroom. and before you touch your open wounds.

8. thesteelrod

thesteelrod Member

watch and see if your artist does things like answer the phone with his gloves on and keep tattooing. touch anything that isn't bagged or barrier wrapped, cross contaimnation is a real bad thing. or it could be you.

9. beardofzeus

beardofzeus Member

Staph infections are not like pimples. People don't regularly wake up with puss oozing out of their body and say "Aw shucks, looks like I got me a little staph," shrug it off and then come on 12oz and talk about it. Go to the doctor before you need to have your leg amputated.

10. Mauler5150

Mauler5150 Veteran Member

Ah this is fucked.
    My mum used to work in a nursing home when I was young, and she passed it on through our bathroom. She never used to get it but I did. I once had a hell bad infection on my knee, with 13 boil like wounds, and was antibiotics for a few weeks. I could barely walk and was in immense pain. As said before, it is likely to be caused by cross contamination, but also wash your hands after using the toilet might help too.

11. Mauler5150

Mauler5150 Veteran Member

Oh yeah, as soon as she stopped working there, I never got any infections again. To this day (over a decade later) I still haven't had a reoccurance, thank fuck.

12. test pattern

test pattern Elite Member

yeah, staph infections are no joke, dude
    be careful

13. someone

someone Member

i just got over one i couldnt walk without a cane it was so bad.but now im in more pain i its because og swollen glands but everytime i turn my head to the right or left side or shake my head up or down i get a driving sharp pain on my left side of my neck and shoulder.i need some vics and a six pack to relax but unable to walk up to the store hahaha..i have to wait before i can get them so im stuck for now but does any one know what this neck pain is?

14. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

ONE TIME I WAS FUCKING YOUR MOTHER IN THE ASS, THEN PULLED OUT AND SHOVED IT IN HER VAGINA. HER VAGINA GOT INFLAMED THE NEXT DAY. I GUESS YOU COULD CALL WHAT SHE GOT A STAPH INFECTION.

15. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

My crackhead boss was talking to me one day, and some of his spit flew into my eye. It resulted in a sty, which is a form of staph infection.