1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

hip hop at the moment....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by HOVIE, Oct 16, 2003.

1. HOVIE

HOVIE 12oz Member

hip hop at the moment....

Discussion started by HOVIE - Oct 16, 2003

what are your views on hip hop at the moment??......i think it fuckin sucks..........theres not many people who makin good stuff nowadays.....im sure almost everyone feels this way but i just wanted to know other peoples views........

HOVIE - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. colour

colour 12oz Member

colour - Replied Oct 16, 2003

Lyrics Born keeps hope alive.

colour - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. BIGBLUE

BIGBLUE 12oz Senior Member

BIGBLUE - Replied Oct 16, 2003

Hmm .Well I went down to Miami this weekend to check out the Source Awards. The atmosphere was not what I expected. The major labels were not out in full force taking advantage of the opportunity to market product. Hoes like Lil Kim and Goons like Jadakiss were freely walking the streets un-noticed. There had to be hundreds of thousands of people who migrated to Miami just to be in this atmosphere.

I don't think they got what they expected, because they would have been just as effective at getting noticed standing in front of thier local game room.

The scenery was dominated by the Pen & Pixel style snipes and vinyl wrapped SUV's of the Independent Record companies. This seems to be the future of Hip Hop. In all I must have been handed twenty or thirty promotional cd's from Indie promoters. I haven't listened to them yet, but chances are I will be feeling these artists more than the ones the whole shitty Benzino fixed awards show was intended for.

So do believe that hip hop is in a tailspin. But it will be resurected by the talent marinating in the Independent music world.

By the way give it up for Cor-Mega. He won the award for best Independent Album of the year.[​IMG]

BIGBLUE - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube 12oz Veteran Member

26SidedCube - Replied Oct 16, 2003

Hip-hop right now is better than it's ever been and it's only getting better. There isn't two sides to the quarter anymore, motherfuckers have set that shit on it's side and every ridge is now being acknowledged, doing it's thing, and coming into it's own. "Commercial" hip-hop is at it's lowest due to the fact most people stopped basing acclaim around talent, consistancy, quality, depth, or range (and I hate to sound like 'one of those people', but let's face it... it's true).

Not to say there isn't good shit on the radio.. I'm really feeling Luda, Kast, Jay, Snoop and all the other veterans right now... (too bad some have elected to collaborate to sell a million more records). Fuck, I even respect BEP for putting out Where's The Love (yeah, I know it has Timberlake on it...) for the simple fact they took a shot at putting conscious rap back on the radio with a pop-sloppy beat.

From where I'm standing it's all the newjack, krunk-rap, making the band, throwaway PERFORMING artists that are watering down something that wasn't meant to be watered down. Not to sound cheese, but a million sloganeering, catch phrase, cliche toting, collaborating, ghost written, demographic-aftershock, 'thurr', 'hurr', 'scurred' songs don't amount to one Fight The Power... or push the envelope like anything KMD was doing.

Not to go without saying, we've got a new Beasies album coming, Jay-Z's Black (retirement) Album is in the works; with a lot of amazing producers on the roster, we just had Aesop Rock drop something different, Jakki'll hopefully release something in the next year, C-Rayz had his solo come... and I'm not even gonna mention what the fuck Outkast just did.

"Don't innovate cause you can't innovate. It's not a choice, despite what you might tell your boys." -El-P

26SidedCube - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet 12oz Elite Member

Swiffer Jet - Replied Oct 16, 2003

good song.

Swiffer Jet - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Oct 16, 2003

[​IMG]

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  7. casekonly

casekonly 12oz Veteran Member

casekonly - Replied Oct 16, 2003

i honestly don't know where hip hop is going now..i listen to alot of caural and some other stuff. the radio/mtv shit can eat a midget dick. it all sounds weird to me.

casekonly - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. Sarah Tonin

Sarah Tonin Dirty Dozen Crew

Sarah Tonin - Replied Oct 16, 2003

yeh hip hop is really shitty at the moment....even the some the underground has fallen off.... wassup with 50 on the cover of teen people mag. who remembers this cat waaaay before he oh so suddenly blew up...back when he was overweight. but some cats in hip hop are still stayin true like gangstarr, mop etc. but now even mixtape dj's are gettin signed left and right to major labels:eek: but some cats in the underground scene are still worth gettin rotation i.e people under the stairs,five deez,lone catalysts,the whole 7 heads crew, stones throw cats etc.

Sarah Tonin - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. fr8lover

fr8lover 12oz Elite Member

fr8lover - Replied Oct 16, 2003

TERRIBLE song.

fr8lover - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Oct 16, 2003

not worried about it... i'm doing my dang

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  11. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- 12oz Veteran Member

--zeSto-- - Replied Oct 16, 2003

whatever.

I doesn't affect me how the industry is doing.
    As long as there's good stuff in my headphones I can complain.

--zeSto-- - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. king kong

king kong Banned

king kong - Replied Oct 16, 2003

THS SOURCE AWARDS 2003

_ Album of the Year: 50 Cent, "Get Rich or Die Tryin."

_ Artist of the Year, Male: Nelly

_ Artist of the Year, Female: Lil' Kim

_ Artist of the Year, Group: Lil' Jon and the East Side Boyz.

_ Single of the Year, Male: 50 Cent, "In Da Club."

_ Single of the Year, Group: Clipse, "Grindin."

_ Single of the Year, Collaboration: Bone Crusher featuring TI and Killer Mike, "Neva Scared"

_ R&B/Rap Collaboration of the Year: Ja Rule featuring Bobby Brown, "Thug Lovin"

_ Video of the year: Lil' Jon and East Side Boyz featuring Mystical and Krayzie Bone, "I Don't Give a (expletive)"

_ Producer of the Year: The Neptunes

_ Dancehall Reggae Album of the Year: Sean Paul, "Dutty Rock."

_ International Album of the Year: K-os, "Exit"

king kong - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  13. effyoo

effyoo 12oz Elite Member

effyoo - Replied Oct 16, 2003

Yes.

effyoo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied Oct 16, 2003

Nelly be bustin' caps on all your ass's

15. MotherEffer

MotherEffer 12oz Junior Member

MotherEffer - Replied Oct 16, 2003

hip hop sux right now, but i do wish they had those spinny rim thingys for bikes tho:cool:

MotherEffer - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages: