September 12-12-12 tee - Thursday, September 12th at 12pm noon EST

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, ndv said:

I thought so too.  I was looking at their ceramics and thought they are not bad.  

I'll have to reconsider. 

That’s what I have on my board. They are nice and think were around $65. If you got the cash get the higher priced Bones.

85EF4FEF-8C30-4686-9AC4-B5D4E1DA7865.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

That’s what I have on my board. They are nice and think were around $65. If you got the cash get the higher priced Bones.

85EF4FEF-8C30-4686-9AC4-B5D4E1DA7865.jpeg

What do you think of the ceramics?  

2 minutes ago, LUGR said:

As far as I have heard is they are the worth every Penny.

I know bones is the dominant player is bearing as far as skateboarding go, but I know SKF have been around for a very long time and have built up a solid reputation in industrial sectors.  Timken Latrobe is another key player, in the bearing industry but I think TB is more so a preference in industrial sectors. 

I remember when I was first introduced to ceramic bearings when I was working at a machine shop in the early 2000s.  Halliburton engineered a ceramic bearing we manufactured and assembled for them, some type of oil was used for lubrication.   I remember being so stoked about how smooth the bearing were.  I thought about what it would feel like on a skateboard or skates for that matter.   If I remember correctly one of the engineering developments that made the bearing work so well was the cage is made of brass and the bearing wall had to have an #8 finish or better.  We would polish the finish close to check finer than 8 in most cases.  I can't remember if it checks 10 or it was just 0.  I forget surface finish scale.   The bearings felt like running your finger nail a piece of melting ice to describe smoothness. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

I know bones is the dominant player is bearing as far as skateboarding go, but I know SKF have been around for a very long time and have built up a solid reputation in industrial sectors.  Timken Latrobe is another key player, in the bearing industry but I think TB is more so a preference in industrial sectors. 

I remember when I was first introduced to ceramic bearings when I was working at a machine shop in the early 2000s.  Halliburton engineered a ceramic bearing we manufactured and assembled for them, some type of oil was used for lubrication.   I remember being so stoked about how smooth the bearing were.  I thought about what it would feel like on a skateboard or skates for that matter.   If I remember correctly one of the engineering developments that made the bearing work so well was the cage is made of brass and the bearing wall had to have an #8 finish or better.  We would polish the finish close to check finer than 8 in most cases.  I can't remember if it checks 10 or it was just 0.  I forget surface finish scale.   The bearings felt like running your finger nail a piece of melting ice to describe smoothness. 

Sounds nice. Sounds fast. Sounds expensive.

How into skateboarding are you?

41 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Sounds nice. Sounds fast. Sounds expensive.

How into skateboarding are you?

Don't laugh.  Never really skated, started getting into it as a kid, but moved and when we moved we moved to the country where it was dirt and the roads we had where the tar then gravel type.  Last I remeber my greatest skate day, was when the neighbor had a half pipe and I had it down my second drop in around 10-11 years old I think ?  Maybe a little younger.  

I just want a cruiser.  Something that I can use like a one wheel.  I am old.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

Don't laugh.  Never really skated, started getting into it as a kid, but moved and when we moved we moved to the country where it was dirt and the roads we had where the tar then gravel type.  Last I remeber my greatest skate day, was when the neighbor had a half pipe and I had it down my second drop in around 10-11 years old I think ?  Maybe a little younger.  

I just want a cruiser.  Something that I can use like a one wheel.  I am old.

I wouldn’t drop a bunch of loot on high end bearings if you are going to be going through the phase of getting comfortable on a board. You won’t need to be hauling ass. And most likely the board isn’t going to get used that much…..not hating, just being realistic.

• Props 1

33 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I wouldn’t drop a bunch of loot on high end bearings if you are going to be going through the phase of getting comfortable on a board. You won’t need to be hauling ass. And most likely the board isn’t going to get used that much…..not hating, just being realistic.

Honestly, I thought the same. But also have the attitude, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it amd not have it.

Have it sit like you said. 

6 hours ago, T4M* said:

I'm guessing big ballers are getting boxes while the rest are getting grocery bags.

I'm confirming my box did not show signs of baby oil or other substances.

Baby oil can help reduce friction for insertion into a box. Or did your mother nkt teach you such things?

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, T4M* said:

I'm guessing big ballers are getting boxes while the rest are getting grocery bags.

I'm confirming my box did not show signs of baby oil or other substances.

My big baller box got Diddy squirt on it…?!??

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2