Biggest and best graffiti photo feeds on Instagram?

Inspired by this comment from @fat ralphy ... https://forum.12ozprophet.com/topic/95790-the-rebirth-of-12ozprophet/?do=findComment&comment=6534019

What are the main Instagram accounts you see out there of people steady benching, walking and traveling for graffiti and posting images of it all. Not the writers themselves, but dudes that are known for always taking and sharing flix?

Maybe I can reach out and work something out with a few of the main ones to help encourage graffiti content in those forums? We know this is a better user experience to see, share and discuss graffiti than Instagram anyways. Has to be a way to work something out yo get them posting on here as well / instead?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...

Hmm.  Suspect this requires something more as I did this already on prior revival attempts.  Site needs to be firing on all cylinders at once otherwise people don't want to come or stay.  Also have to say original and/or exclusive content trumps all.  Doesn't quite work the same to have people posting the same pix here that they do on their IG.  IMHO really don't think it helps to post stolen material unless it's something like a civilian or news photo.  Borrowed/stolen benching is particularly lame, again IMHO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Hmm.  Suspect this requires something more as I did this already on prior revival attempts.  Site needs to be firing on all cylinders at once otherwise people don't want to come or stay.  Also have to say original and/or exclusive content trumps all.  Doesn't quite work the same to have people posting the same pix here that they do on their IG.  IMHO really don't think it helps to post stolen material unless it's something like a civilian or news photo.  Borrowed/stolen benching is particularly lame, again IMHO.

I agree with this for the most part - the site needs to be popping for people to want to stay.

Everyone should adopt a thread in Brickslayers or Metal Heads and get the content updated and maintain - 

Logging on to a page and seeing posts that are 3+ years old makes the site look dead. 

That said on stealing content - I have reached out to some good content posters on Reddit and asked them to start posting. I have asked them if I can repost some flicks etc

This is really just a temporary solution to try and get some more recent content in the inactive threads - some noob comes along and at least sees some recent flicks, regardless stolen or not. 

When people post new shit you guys need to interact with that - hit the like, props etc

Quote it, tag them and ask a question, whatever.

I reached out to a chick that had some rad hobo moniker flicks on Reddit and I think she came through and posted a ton of flicks last week primarily in Metal Heads.

This might be asking too much - but is there a way to have the new content/posts float up somewhere outside of the sub forums. Like all the recent posts in the graffiti sections show up in an easily accessed space versus having to click into Brickslayers or Metal Heads etc. Would make it easier for people to navigate - 

More like how Channel Zero operates - I think thats why its popular.  

Anyway - start posting more in the graf sections and slide into some DMs haha

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

12oz alumni

Qsysue

smxxl

still bench HEAVILY

I am unsure if she has an insta but I know @tookthetime still benched a few years back and I doubt she stopped.

Lunapark for NYC shit. She was one of the first accounts I started following on flickr back in 2006-07

Edited by mn1_fuckos
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mn1_fuckos said:

12oz alumni

Qsysue

smxxl

still bench HEAVILY

I am unsure if she has an insta but I know @tookthetime still benched a few years back and I doubt she stopped.

Lunapark for NYC shit. She was one of the first accounts I started following on flickr back in 2006-07

@SMdoubleXLstill regular fam here all the time.

@tookthetimeStopped by a few weeks ago, but didn’t sound like she planned to stick around regularly.

@fat ralphyI like where you are coming from on this with the effort. I know you are a busy man, laying down pipe and having breakfast in bed all the time like a real big boss should, but would be cool if you could take some fresh pics too. Even if you don’t try, you are probably seeing ill shit left and right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tookthetime said:

Holy crap - hi I’m here.  I do have an Insta tambien 505selectivelocal

Just gave you a follow on IG.

I post a bit on IG but post way more bench pics here. IG just feels meh. 

Posted (edited)

@LUGR I am also posting flicks I take too -

but I can increase my efforts in this regard.

Willing to put in some work for 12oz, I will start to try get some of the Bay Area content active. 

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Just gave you a follow on IG.

I post a bit on IG but post way more bench pics here. IG just feels meh. 

I hear that. - thank you, I’ll be better at checking both. Thank goodness you’re into metal. 

• Like 2

It's funny to me that my post got liked or discussed because I spent the rest of the day wondering if I maybe had a little salt in my morning coffee before that post.  I was going to supply some context but not sure if anyone including myself gives a fuck.  

Brief summary:

Getting permission to post others pix is at least respectable to the person who shot/posted it.

I'll never support posting someone else's bench.  We've had people from other sites take mine within hours of it being posted here and repost it to other sites for ?! reason, and at a time when we were trying to get more heads back.  I'm not saying that anyone in this thread is wrong for doing it, I just don't want to send the wrong message to the less intelligent out there.

Maybe a little salty that a ways back I got maybe 6 people posting benches in Metal Heads, but I also got one of the best in the business to post up and eh... I don't know that it received the support or whatever it was due.  Kind of felt like people were a bit ...the webz has died and social is where it's at and let's just Ch0 type of thing.

I only came here for the graf since day 1, didn't Ch0 until later.  If the graf disappeared so would I.

Fart noise?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Insta homies ftw 🤝 

Why don’t our other insta homies want to come back here? I brought it up before but didn’t want to press them too hard about it……