How old are you now and when you found 12oz Prophet?

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, misteraven said:

was just searching for the “where are they now” thread so I can bump up and see if we might manage to start tracking people down again. 

Pony Tony is on Instagram. He posted some crazy ass AI video on IG yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Was 18 or 19. Me and a close friend were painting walls and hoppers on a small rail spur way out in the sticks.

Only met one other person via the oontz. And they weren't even a full time oontzer. I still think they only made an account to rightfully call us out for hitting some walls way to close to the yard they were painting in. Some internet shit talking led to us groveling for mercy once we realized who we were talking to. Ended painting with them for a year or so before they moved on to somewhere else since they were only staying with family at the time.

Dropped off for a couple of years due to living in a trailer in the woods and then eventually 'moving up' to a punk house in the closest small city. Both had no internet in the early to mid aughts.

Then a bunch of years of shit posting on Ch0 till around 2010. 

43 now.

Edited by grim540
  • Like 1
  • Props 3

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

I was 15-16 I believe. I don’t think I discovered channel zero until I was 19-20. Almost 20 years on this site. Wild.

and not even 6,000 posts?!……sus

• LOL! 4

• 4 weeks later...

I was 15 when I was introduced to the oz. by a relative. I was always shown the current memes and people from MySpace.  At the age of 17, I was always out all the time and not doing my school work. Parents didn't like this , so they bought me a computer so I can stay home and learn something.

Once the internet was up, I was able to remember the name of this site "12ozProphet ". I asked jeeves and he directed me here.

I was only interested in the meme page and MySpace page. In total,  I was Lurking for 3 years , just looking at pictures.  Eventually I noticed the MS paint thread, where MySpace pictures were taken and were drawn upon. I constantly ruin magazines or pictures with my ink pens, so I felt I was capable of contributing to the thread.  Eventually I participated more in other threads and the rest is history.

I'm pretty cool with a bunch of members here. I gave my phone number to someone along time ago,  I gave away my MySpace page to a small circle,  I played poker with a couple online and had a poker buddy, had the chance to meet someone here but covid hit and didnt happen.

Couldn't log into the oontz, so I moved on. At some point in time, I went off grid for 4 years.  I went back to being single, and I noticed I had more time in my hands. I experimented many hobbies, never found the one I wanted to do for the rest of life.  Eventually,  Instagram rolled out, and out of the blue,  I was like.....nah, 12oz isn't on here.....I was wrong. Than I saw the member shirt, saw my name, and got lured back into here lol

I'm 36 now, still kinda lost of what I wanna do in life. I have lots of hobbies and that's my problem. I see people do wonderful things and I just wanna be part of it or make my own. I was already told that I need to pick one hobby and stick to it. But I can't.  I can't shut off my mind , ever. Being here is nice and healthy for my brain. The whole "no filter" in here I appreciate a lot. I don't vent in person to anyone,  here I can let some stuff slip by, because it's not healthy to keep all of your thoughts tucked away from the world.

• Like 3
  • Props 4

November 12th, 2006..

16 years old at the time, 33 years old now..

As a kid I was on the computer alot on the interwebz and chat rooms alike.. I used to be heavy on the G4 message boards as a kid into video games, then I got into Graff and somehow stumbled upon bombing science.. it was ok i met a couple people from there but then it got pretty whack out of nowhere.. I forgot who but a couple of peeps mentioned 12oz back then and I decided to make the jump.. lurked a bit then tried chiming in regularly.. I look back on my shenanigans and old antics and think, "damn who the fuck did I think I was...? And people liked me..?" But I will say out of all the other places 12oz has been more welcoming (in a sense) and actually felt like a community rather than just some message board people bitch and moan on.. granted, I did get flamed back in the day with certain threads/posts I've made which looking back on was warranted.. but then there'd still be meaningful and hilarious conversations even with the people who would roast my stupid ignorant ass.. 

Now I'm 33, I have a 10 year old son which still makes my joints and bones hurt a little every time I say that out loud, working the service industry I'm desperately trying to get out of and elevate my life a bit.. still catch random tags here and there on some bored shit and still love staring at trains riding by and seeing what's new in different neighborhoods.. I actually have some pics I've taken on my old phone waiting for the orange line of freight trains parked up with some dope shit on em.. I should find it and charge it so I can upload them actually now that I'm thinking about it..

• Like 5
  • Props 2

8 minutes ago, Tails0nE said:

November 12th, 2006..

16 years old at the time, 33 years old now..

As a kid I was on the computer alot on the interwebz and chat rooms alike.. I used to be heavy on the G4 message boards as a kid into video games, then I got into Graff and somehow stumbled upon bombing science.. it was ok i met a couple people from there but then it got pretty whack out of nowhere.. I forgot who but a couple of peeps mentioned 12oz back then and I decided to make the jump.. lurked a bit then tried chiming in regularly.. I look back on my shenanigans and old antics and think, "damn who the fuck did I think I was...? And people liked me..?" But I will say out of all the other places 12oz has been more welcoming (in a sense) and actually felt like a community rather than just some message board people bitch and moan on.. granted, I did get flamed back in the day with certain threads/posts I've made which looking back on was warranted.. but then there'd still be meaningful and hilarious conversations even with the people who would roast my stupid ignorant ass.. 

Now I'm 33, I have a 10 year old son which still makes my joints and bones hurt a little every time I say that out loud, working the service industry I'm desperately trying to get out of and elevate my life a bit.. still catch random tags here and there on some bored shit and still love staring at trains riding by and seeing what's new in different neighborhoods.. I actually have some pics I've taken on my old phone waiting for the orange line of freight trains parked up with some dope shit on em.. I should find it and charge it so I can upload them actually now that I'm thinking about it..

Thanks for posting man. Good to see your name pop up again. 

• Like 1