πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“ The EPIC chicken sandwich battle. πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

Dirty_habiT

The EPIC chicken sandwich battle.   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is winning the breaded poultry with pickles/mayo on a bun skirmish?

• Chik Fil A
    • Popeyes
    • Zaxby's
    • McDonald's
    • Carl's Jr.
    • KFC (KOOKIN FUCKIN CHICKEN)

This poll is closed to new votes

• 6 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

All I know is if your sammich contents leak and protrude out of the bun all over the place it’s already over for me. My ocd ass can’t rock with no disproportionate sammiches. Foh.Β 

Β 

100% agree.Β  I tend to avoid food that makes a huge mess to eat.

16 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Any of ya'll ever brine chicken in pickle juice before?Β  I have and it turns out fantastic.Β  I want to try brining in jalapeno juice next because it's the same kinda thing except spicier.

Β 

Never brined but jalapeΓ±o juice sounds good.Β 

I don't recall but if I had to make a wild stab I'd say it was just an hour or two. The brine is acidic so it will easily get into the chicken meat.Β 
Β 

on a different but related subject using baking soda on beef causes the Maillard reaction to to occur easier. If you put a little on steak you'll get a good sear on it.Β 
Β 

I haven't done it but a few times but I think next time I'd melt a tablespoon of butter and add the baking soda to that so that the surface area of the coating would be way higher than trying to spread powder on the steak. Anyway don't want to derail from chicken here.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Or maybe you do. Sweet chicken brine. I’m gonna experiment this weekend. How long do you soak?

I don’t brine much. Or cook at all really unfortunately but my old man’s nice in that department and always kinda made it clear any good chicken needs at the very least one solid over nighter on a brineΒ 

• Like 2
  • Props 1