πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“ The EPIC chicken sandwich battle. πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

Dirty_habiT

The EPIC chicken sandwich battle.   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is winning the breaded poultry with pickles/mayo on a bun skirmish?

• Chik Fil A
    • Popeyes
    • Zaxby's
    • McDonald's
    • Carl's Jr.
    • KFC (KOOKIN FUCKIN CHICKEN)

This poll is closed to new votes

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
46 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Β 

Zaxbys is okay. Pm me your address and Ill overnight you a chicken box lol.

Β 

I think they're pretty good, I usually get "wings n things" from them which is french fries, 3 tenders, celery sticks, and like 5 boneless wings.Β  That shit is good af IMO.Β  I always get the hottest sauces a place has.Β  I may not stick with them the whole time, but I always want to see if a place's hot sauce is actually good and/or hot.Β  A lot of times it's enough to burn a pansy's mouth but not too hot for me by any measure.

Β 

Zaxby's sauce is good for fries the same way that Chik Fil A sauce is.

Β 

@Kults

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

I’m not that big a fan of canes- very bland to me. Zaxbys has better strips. All of these places have good in house sauce for sure. The sandwich game goes to Popeyes in my opinion-seasoned well, big piece of chicken-it’s top notch. Chick fil a is better on the health tip, but IMO its super overrated. And honestly, if you live in a sizable metro area in the states, there are probably many fried chicken/fish joints that’ll blow all these chains out of the water.

Β Should’ve done a top home town pizza place lol feelings would get hurt

Edited by MrSirius
  • Like 2
  • Truth 1

Gon have to be Wendy’s currently. People slept on it and it’s over now but BK had the best ducking chicken sandwich ever a while back. Idfk why they went and changed it to whatever wannabe Popeyes joint it is now. There was a window of pure gold for a hot minute though. Popeyes was too gnarly of a piece imo and everything else is just bootleg that. Wendy’s is the only place with regular ass good ol solid chicken. Chik fil a is pretty good but low key only awesome for breakfast.Β 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

You guys know chik fil a brines in pickle juice?Β 

pickle juice is a likely an ingredient but they dont marinate it in the stores and its never been confirmed. The major difference that separates their breading in qualityΒ is the powdered sugar but how much they put in is unknown. Similarly to the recipe for Coke they have not been patented because they would have to disclose their recipe.Β 

Speaking of chicken and waffles, I worked next to this place in downtown Austin called "Frank".Β  I think it's now closed.Β  The restaurant was really cool/old on the inside, and their main thing was hotdogs.Β  Yes I know that sounds weird.

Β 

And I don't even like hotdogs, I'll eat them if I'm starving and camping and that's usually my limit.Β  However, Frank makes some stuff worth trying like their Chicago dog was something I did order more than once because it was good.

Β 

ANYWAY, they also had breakfast.... chicken and waffles.Β  Their chicken and waffles was like fucking amazing.Β  The chicken was really good crispy friend chicken.Β  The waffle was a thick waffle, fresh.... but what made it was the maple infused butter that came in a cup on the side, and their brown sugar candied bacon.

Β 

So yeah, just sick ass perfectly done chicken and waffles, with the nice twist of candied bacon and maple butter on the side.Β  The candied bacon was in crumbles and meat to put on the sandwich.

Β 

Fuck I miss getting that breakfast from there.

Β 

There's a spot in NYC whereΒ I used to go weekly before the BANDemic. Β Best chicken sandwiches hands down- Bobwhite Counter. drooling thinking about it.

Β 

somebody mentioned cane's. Β they got great chicken fingers but the sandwich bun is bootleg. Β they should've used the Texas toast as the bun.

Edited by CLICKCLACKONER
  • Like 1