The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
17 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Been lookin at trucks for months. Kinda waiting for my bitch ass credit score to buff up. No matter how much a brotha pays on time and keeps them balances low below 30% these MF’s won’t get me right. Finally started writing letters to the bureaus. Fuckin pussies. 

call all of your cards and ask for credit increase. 

do balance transfers between cards. Shows you paying off balance on one card, and taking out credit on the other card. Then do it again and again. Make those bitches work for you

keep a rolling balance. don’t have all them bitches at $0…ever

set up auto bill pay for cell, wifi, car insurance on your credit cards. You’re gonna be paying them anyway.

Make the $ work for you. Only use rewards credit cards. If you dont have any you should 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

10 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

call all of your cards and ask for credit increase. 

do balance transfers between cards. Shows you paying off balance on one card, and taking out credit on the other card. Then do it again and again. Make those bitches work for you

keep a rolling balance. don’t have all them bitches at $0…ever

set up auto bill pay for cell, wifi, car insurance on your credit cards. You’re gonna be paying them anyway.

Make the $ work for you. Only use rewards credit cards. If you dont have any you should 

SON. I don’t keep a zero but I keep some on them balances. Last time I paid some shit off in full was my car that got totaled and insurance wiped it clean. Shit bombed my credit like 80 points and never really been the same since. Shows up late like 3 months in a row. That’s the big ticket item right there.  I’ll have to look into that balance transfer shit. I don’t really get it 

5 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

SON. I don’t keep a zero but I keep some on them balances. Last time I paid some shit off in full was my car that got totaled and insurance wiped it clean. Shit bombed my credit like 80 points and never really been the same since. Shows up late like 3 months in a row. That’s the big ticket item right there.  I’ll have to look into that balance transfer shit. I don’t really get it 

Sorry about your car. Basically all you are doing is using one cc to pay off another. If you time it right, you can do it so you’re paying 0% interest on the debt you transferred over. 

I don’t think closed accounts effect you for the full 7 years. I think it will just screw up your total average credit length. For example if you have 2 cards, 1 for 10 years and 1 for 2  years, your average account would be 6 years. If you shut down the 10 year card your average account would only be 2 years and could cause your account to nose dive.

• Like 1

Huh huh, page 69.

@MOOGLE?was it you who was looking for a new snowblower?  What did you get/how did it work out?  I swore by (and still do) Toro but my local dealer said they weren't carrying it now because parts were hard to get.  So by default I had to get an Ariens.  Never heard of it but it's made in WI.  I thought if it's made/tested in WI snow it must be able to handle shit.  Wrong.  Piece of crap, they just don't build shit as well as they used to.  It's had maybe 5 uses tops and it shit the bed and needs repair.

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

@One Man Banned yea I bought it then flipped it for 200 more to an old coworker.

Kinda realized the way my driveway and sidewalks are laid out at the bottom of a hill both ways I actually didn't even need a snowblower , and just bought a fuckton of salt and a big ass shovel.

Shit we barely got any snow this winter save for the last few days anyway.

• Like 1

I was debating blowing snow the other day and ended up paying some jamoke instead. Fuckin pussy tried to play me, too. SMH. I am 100% over winter this year and forever. But a brotha stuck. Sometimes I wish I carried the bad dad gene. Just forget all about these chirrens and run away to Atlanta where I belong. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

9 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

no way haha, just a little older model hyundai accent. the storm just didn't accumulate that much so there was no need for shovel or snowblower this time.

I regret being so stupid I accidentally bought a 2wd truck. If you live in New England and drive anything without awd it just doesn’t make any sense. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

I’m sure there are plenny of you that have kids of your own or at least have nieces and nephews in your life like me. I was talkin with one of my nieces a few days ago, I think she’s 12 and this little girl sounds like a TikTok video when she talks. That weird cadence, rambling pieces of information that some times leading to nothing. All of these kids have grown up with these platforms in their life. I’m trying to objectively think back to when I was their age to see if there was some external  thing that was influencing the majority of kids to act a certain way that made adults be like “what the fuck?”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

I’m sure there are plenny of you that have kids of your own or at least have nieces and nephews in your life like me. I was talkin with one of my nieces a few days ago, I think she’s 12 and this little girl sounds like a TikTok video when she talks. That weird cadence, rambling pieces of information that some times leading to nothing. All of these kids have grown up with these platforms in their life. I’m trying to objectively think back to when I was their age to see if there was some external  thing that was influencing the majority of kids to act a certain way that made adults be like “what the fuck?”

Perhaps using pagers as ways to spell words using numbers.  I guess calculators too.  But I really can't think of any thing other than jincos. 

@NightmareOnElmStreetbruh. On my old ladies side of the family there are like 15 that are relevant to every day life and then when you calculate the ones that are only holiday relevant… I don’t even know! It’s sick. Everyone has 4+ kids like it’s 1910 and they aren’t expecting half of them to survive and they need help on the farm.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • LOL! 1

Cooling Vests.  Anyone of have/had one or have some experience with one. 

I am looking at vests but not sure which brand is reliable as a workhorse.  Here's what I've come up with thusfar..thus far...

https://www.thewarmingstore.com/alphacool-7v-circulatory-cooling-vest.html?mainc=AC-CCV-7V-N-XS-S&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scbplpAC-CCV-7V-N-XS-S&sc_intid=AC-CCV-7V-N-XS-S

Any recommendations will help.  

Thanks. 

• Truth 1

7 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I’m tuned in for this as well. I could definitely use something like that. I swear people have had their heat set to hell for some reason while I’m working in their houses. It’s starting to feel personal.

You can pay to sit around and peg you with ice cubes flying out of a slingshot if it helps?  I am sure it will take your mind off the heat for the moment. 

Edited by ndv
  • LOL! 1

Just now, ndv said:

You can pay to sit around and peg you with ice cubes flying out of a slingshot if it helps?  I am sure it will take your mind off the heat. 

God damn, my man! A sling shot? I basically only have my front teeth left anyway. That sounds too dangerous.

• LOL! 1

Just now, mr.yuck said:

God damn, my man! A sling shot? I basically only have my front teeth left anyway. That sounds too dangerous.

I am hoping to get a cooling vest for this summer when I'm in those fedEx trailers.  The trailers are +10° from ambient temp.  Things are aluminum hot boxes being baked in the sun while they sit in the yard.  I am gonna drop a few hundred bucks to see if a vest will help. My only issue with them is that I haven't found a vest that will last up to 8 hrs. I see they have up to 6hrs, but that's the backpacks.  

If I remember correctly I thought Japan has a few options that last an entire day.  But I can't find anything on them.  Maybe it was a startup company at the time that may have never started up. 

2 minutes ago, ndv said:

I am hoping to get a cooling vest for this summer when I'm in those fedEx trailers.  The trailers are +10° from ambient temp.  Things are aluminum hot boxes being baked in the sun while they sit in the yard.  I am gonna drop a few hundred bucks to see if a vest will help. My only issue with them is that I haven't found a vest that will last up to 8 hrs. I see they have up to 6hrs, but that's the backpacks.  

If I remember correctly I thought Japan has a few options that last an entire day.  But I can't find anything on them.  Maybe it was a startup company at the time that may have never started up. 

Getting a little closer, up to 7hrs - I just don't like the waist pack - it's not gonna work for me. 

https://www.japantrendshop.com/jaxa-reikyaku-cooling-vest-p-3586.html