The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
48 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

What if you just turn it on while you are in the tin can. Or just wait an hour or two before you turn it on.

I am kinda thinking along those lines.  I can turn it on when I start, then after 4hrs. I can go fill it up with ice water to get me through the next 2.  

At this point there's only one way to find out. 

• Truth 1

3 hours ago, ndv said:

Cooling Vests.  Anyone of have/had one or have some experience with one. 

I am looking at vests but not sure which brand is reliable as a workhorse.  Here's what I've come up with thusfar..thus far...

https://www.thewarmingstore.com/alphacool-7v-circulatory-cooling-vest.html?mainc=AC-CCV-7V-N-XS-S&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scbplpAC-CCV-7V-N-XS-S&sc_intid=AC-CCV-7V-N-XS-S

Any recommendations will help.  

Thanks. 

899AC03C-5B4B-4C83-8150-01133397ADF6.gif

• LOL! 1

Everyday on my commute home I stop at this stop sign, and the house on the corner to my right has a big front window that blocked by a big bookcase or something. The window is in direct sunlight at the time of day I’m driving home and so most day there is a cat that hangs in the window laying on top of the bookcase getting some sun. Nice lil part of my everyday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Everyday on my commute home I stop at this stop sign, and the house on the corner to my right has a big front window that blocked by a big bookcase or something. The window is in direct sunlight at the time of day I’m driving home and so most day there is a cat that hangs in the window laying on top of the bookcase getting some sun. Nice lil part of my everyday. 

Sounds like a stupid place for a book case. Solid little cool daily moment for you though lol. 

52 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Then again. Y’all’s shit be hot and sunny too often. I kinda get it. I need all the windows I can get over here. ANNND my new house is on the wrong fuckin side of the street with no kinda natural light. 

what is it with these old houses? My downstairs gets 0 natural light cuz of how it’s set up. The kitchen window gets sun blazing through it after 6 pm in the summer. That’s it.

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Then again. Y’all’s shit be hot and sunny too often. I kinda get it. I need all the windows I can get over here. ANNND my new house is on the wrong fuckin side of the street with no kinda natural light. 

Old neighborhood too so their insulation is prob shit. Summer time would be a sweatlodge … maybe 

22 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

I turned down my promotion in work. Honestly have no idea what direction I want to go in life. Frustrated and unmotivated. Not doing the little things that make me happy anymore. Not even working out as much as I want. 

yall honkeys hiring?

Post office is hiring heavy

do your 20 and retire with pension. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

11 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Worst case: Toss on the headphones and sort some boxes!

when I worked for the post office I had one job. I worked at the airport and I stood at the top of a conveyor belt. These big ass bags of mail would come by with airport codes on them. If my airport code came

up, I pushed the bag down a chute. I did this every day for 12 hours a day. Even after a couple weeks of this shit, I completely understood why postal workers back in the day were coming into work and gunning the whole crew down.

• LOL! 2

16 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

when I worked for the post office I had one job. I worked at the airport and I stood at the top of a conveyor belt. These big ass bags of mail would come by with airport codes on them. If my airport code came

up, I pushed the bag down a chute. I did this every day for 12 hours a day. Even after a couple weeks of this shit, I completely understood why postal workers back in the day were coming into work and gunning the whole crew down.

How often was your code coming by?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LUGR said:

How often was your code coming by?

The bags would be non stop sometimes for hours. I had 3 airport codes. So I had to look at every single tag that came by. Sometimes I’d be pushing every other bag sometimes a few mins would go by before I saw one of my tags. It was mind numbing but it paid $20 an hour.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

The bags would be non stop sometimes for hours. I had 3 airport codes. So I had to look at every single tag that came by. Sometimes I’d be pushing every other bag sometimes a few mins would go by before I saw one of my tags. It was mind numbing but it paid $20 an hour.

At least you were busy, so time went by a little quicker than just sitting there watching other codes go by.

6 minutes ago, LUGR said:

At least you were busy, so time went by a little quicker than just sitting there watching other codes go by.

When there was down time we would go into these little mail sheds on wheels that were full of mail and eat good out of the holiday baskets we found. Not me, but other people. I just watched them eat good.