The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

47 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

When there was down time we would go into these little mail sheds on wheels that were full of mail and eat good out of the holiday baskets we found. Not me, but other people. I just watched them eat good.

So, you like to watch?

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Today I did some way out of character shit. I straight up got involved in some one else’s road rage that ended in an accident right in front of me. This redneck that was the rager got out of his whip and started berating these poor people dropping Ns and acting like they were in the wrong. I don’t put up with that kind of shit and I was watching what looked like was gonna be a roadside beat down, so I called the black dude and his wife over to my van. I told him I had his back if he needed a witness. I gave him my name and number and drove off. Less than 5 minutes later I had a state trooper calling me asking what happened and I straight snitched this fucking hillbilly out. It felt fucking powerful. Now I get to go to court and smoke this bitch as a material witness if it comes to it. 

• Like 1
  • Props 2

2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

If someone is tailgating me on the highway I use my windshield wipers for a long ass time so they get blasted with the overspray behind me. That’s the beginning and end of my road rage. 

This shit was outrageous, man. This dude was doing that shit where you speed up and close the gap so someone can’t merge into traffic from a lane that’s ending. This shit went on for 1000 feet. Finally the lady in front of the rager stopped completely and let him in. This infuriated the rager that this person got in front of him that he swung out into the ending lane so he was half in a lane and half in the emergency pull off. He smashed the gas to try and speed past the guy that was just let in. He miscalculated and smoked into the front of his shit. Then got out of his car and belligerently started telling dude that the accident was his fault because he had miles to get in the lane he needed to be in instead of riding the ending lane all the way to the end. Lol. 

• Like 1

Yeah those turds who try to push past people in a lane that's ending is another one that gets me, like you need to fall the fuck back.  Will say again that video games really let me down for IRL, all those driving games where you blow up someone in front of you or drop some shit on someone behind you.... my car needs that shit.

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

YUUUUCK! Quit your jerb and start making sick cedar barrel smokers! Lolol. 

Funny you should bring that up. I need to do something. Me and my old lady are beefin right now and she was basically like “are you really gonna do this for the rest of your life? What’s your retirement look like?” 

Jesus Christ. What does my retirement look like? I had this old painter that worked for me that said “I’m gonna work til the day I have a heart attack and fall of this ladder with a brush in my hand just like my old man.” I don’t want that for me. That’s fucking wack.

• Truth 2

35 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Funny you should bring that up. I need to do something. Me and my old lady are beefin right now and she was basically like “are you really gonna do this for the rest of your life? What’s your retirement look like?” 

Jesus Christ. What does my retirement look like? I had this old painter that worked for me that said “I’m gonna work til the day I have a heart attack and fall of this ladder with a brush in my hand just like my old man.” I don’t want that for me. That’s fucking wack.

These are for real important ass questions though, right?? My old boss who I drink beers with and occasionally subcontract for was just talking about this shit the other day. Here’s a guy I KNOW has money. Been running a high end paint company for over 20 years. But here he is telling me he’s trying to figure out what his retirement plans are. Believe he’s 46. This is crazy to me because I always assumed dudes who had it together already got that part on lock. I definitely don’t and a lot of us contractor type dudes don’t. Personally this is why I’m so focused (as much as I can be rn) on real estate investment because I literally don’t see any other savior at this stage in life. No amount of stocks or smart guy bankers are going to save me but me and smart decisions on what to grab and hold in real time instead of looking at some fuckin math graph going up and down the next 20 years. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

These are the reasons I am hella grateful to be in a unionized pension system - I make over 100k annual but without shit like retirement/deferred comp etc I know I would be fucked.

Most dudes who grew up how most of us did, aren’t really the great financial planner types. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

I only know a handful of dudes wise beyond their years been had that kind of shit figured out. The one common denominator is the select couple of these mf’s went into some form of union trade straight out of high school and never really dug into life lolol. I don’t hate on them but it is what it is. If a mf really digs their heels into the good bad terrible and ugly of the world they can easily miss that boat. Kinda feel like that’s where I’m at lol. It’s not TOOOO late. But I wish I started a long time ago. I’m 37 btw. If you’re pushin 50 you’re kinda fucked lol. 

It's really not our lifestyle choices tho..... most Americans do not have enough saved for retirement, and they don't have the right amounts saved by the proper milestones to retire at 65, or 66, or 67.......

Other issue I've seen is that people haven't planned for a life after retirement.  Like they've done what they've done for so long but never had a vision for life after work.  They get near the end of work and they start to feel listless, lost, depressed, don't know what to do with themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

51 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

But I wish I started a long time ago. I’m 37 btw. If you’re pushin 50 you’re kinda fucked lol. 

THIS..

downunder you have 9.5% of your wages put away for your retirement by law. has been like this since 1986.

Trouble is most people especially if you're non financial literate tend to have loads of superannuation accounts.

You start a new job and for speed sign up to the one the business uses because you want to start getting paid. Times goes by you lose track of them and if there's not much in them the fees etc start to erode them.

it took me until I was 42 to start thinking about consolidating them.

The guy estimated I'd lost pretty much all of it pre 1999 in fees.  There were at least 8 from my kitchen hand days that had virtually nothing in them.

I'm not fucked by a long shot but damn I could have been way better off.

40 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Other issue I've seen is that people haven't planned for a life after retirement.  Like they've done what they've done for so long but never had a vision for life after work.  They get near the end of work and they start to feel listless, lost, depressed, don't know what to do with themselves. 

This is so true.

• Like 3

I hate on Johnny responsible but I wish I had one in my circle spreading the good word lol. In any case, I need to look into where the fuck some of my money is because I know damn well I had something going on during my preschool teacher days. Definitely remember being set up with some shit but I left a long time ago with zero information. Any of y’all know  anything about that?? 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

9 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I hate on Johnny responsible but I wish I had one in my circle spreading the good word lol. In any case, I need to look into where the fuck some of my money is because I know damn well I had something going on during my preschool teacher days. Definitely remember being set up with some shit but I left a long time ago with zero information. Any of y’all know  anything about that?? 

Naw, I don’t know what happened to your preschool money.

• Truth 1

9 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Naw, I don’t know what happened to your preschool money.

He should walk into the day care and snatch the first nerd ass bitch by their collar. Get real close so they can taste the beer on your breath and say something fucking crazy. If you don’t find my preschool money, I’m eating on of these kids feet!

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

@Schnitzel savings by law - that is fucking rad man. 

Here in the good ol’ USA - zero fucks given by the government regarding savings. 

shit man. We got social security. Maybe one day when you retire and the cost of living is 100 you can get a government check for 50. 

• Truth 2

@Schnitzel like @mr.yuck had mentioned.  We have social security, but really all it is, is a Ponzi Scheme.  I mean, it the very definition of a Ponzi Scheme.  But yeah, the reality of our system, or really any savings system, it is not inflation proof.  In the States, we pretty much sum up our social security in a simple mathematic formula which goes something like this. 

Work 40 hrs a week for 40 years, only to retire and receive half of what you were making a month.  

15 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

@Schnitzel savings by law - that is fucking rad man. 

Here in the good ol’ USA - zero fucks given by the government regarding savings. 

don't you guys have 401k or something?

it's pretty much the same but every employee has to get it on every job unless you're earning below some miniscule threshold.

I think my description was a bit misleading.

6 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

shit man. We got social security. Maybe one day when you retire and the cost of living is 100 you can get a government check for 50. 

5 years back the age you could qualify for the aged pension from government was 63.

So even if you got laid off from your job at 62 after 45 years solid service you had to go on job search for a year even though as a 62 year old nobody would hire you.

Now they've pushed it to 67 and in 5 five years it raises to 70.

by the time I reach that age it'll probably be 80.

actually I'll be dead by then.

• Like 2

Gonna go ahead and put my money on none of that shit is going to be relevant when we’re all old. If we even make it there. I realize this is one hell of a blanketed age range but even the oldest mf in here ain’t that old. I forget who it is but whatever. If y’all think that social security fourOH1k blahbitty whatever is actually gon save you after you decide to leave the corporate plantations you wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

On 3/9/2022 at 11:43 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Gonna go ahead and put my money on none of that shit is going to be relevant when we’re all old. If we even make it there. I realize this is one hell of a blanketed age range but even the oldest mf in here ain’t that old. I forget who it is but whatever. If y’all think that social security fourOH1k blahbitty whatever is actually gon save you after you decide to leave the corporate plantations you wrong. 

the last job I had I was sitting around the table in the warehouse before our Monday morning meeting listening to these old dudes bragging about how they had like $8000 in their 401k. Like dudes in their late 50s. That was one of key factors that led to me bouncing out on my own. Since I left, that job has killed 3 of them. That 401j money should be enough to plant them.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1