A.C.A.B.

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Since when do you have such a large operation for such as small time deal anyway?

Since always, American police forces tend to focus a disproportionate amount of effort/funding on small time drug busts hoping they can lead to larger ones.

If they seize cash they usually get to keep it, and they can seize anyone's cash for basically any reason they make up, without even charging you for a crime (civil asset forfeiture).

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Since always, American police forces tend to focus a disproportionate amount of effort/funding on small time drug busts hoping they can lead to larger ones.

If they seize cash they usually get to keep it, and they can seize anyone's cash for basically any reason they make up, without even charging you for a crime (civil asset forfeiture).

Yep, seen a lot about that forfeiture BS. What a fucking rort.

In Australia, most cops would confiscate it, tell you to fuck off and go smoke it themselves. None of this guns-a-blazin shit for perso level crap.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

NYPD tried this shit years ago but i got my money back after a few months. Was in town to get tattooed by KOH and was holding a few hundred in my buddy's bag. Well our group had split on our way to a house party and he got bagged for some dummy shit. I forget what i had to do to get it back but it was a pain in the ass i remember. Had to drive my happy ass back to NYC too. 

Still got tattooed by KOH though. 

• Props 1

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

This speaks more to my ignorance of the law, but does it make much difference if he's been arrested yet or not?

He's in custody, been suspended and being questioned about the incident. Is that not what should be happening?

Again, not trying to imply that anything is right or wrong, just trying to understand what is going on.

13 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

This speaks more to my ignorance of the law, but does it make much difference if he's been arrested yet or not?

He's in custody, been suspended and being questioned about the incident. Is that not what should be happening?

Again, not trying to imply that anything is right or wrong, just trying to understand what is going on.

Glad you asked. There's a strong possibility that he should have been arrested immediately after putting a bullet in his wife's chest unless there's convincing evidence it was in self defense. It's that simple. Some people think there shouldn't be special privileges like the right to dump lead in your wife's chest for a select group of government employees.  

• Truth 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Glad you asked. There's a strong possibility that he should have been arrested immediately after putting a bullet in his wife's chest unless there's convincing evidence it was in self defense. It's that simple. Some people think there shouldn't be special privileges like the right to dump lead in your wife's chest for a select group of government employees.  

I guess I don't know what the difference is between 'in custody' and 'under arrest'. Can I assume that if you're only in the custody of cops you can leave if you're not under arrest. Is that correct?

Are there any other differences?

As far as i know, it simply means he is not free to leave, however he has not been charged with a crime at the time of being detained, but charges can be later issued by a prosecutor.

They can hold him in custody for up to 72 hours, if i’m not mistaken, and after that if no charges have been placed on him he is free to leave. 

• Props 1

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

There's a strong possibility that he should have been arrested immediately after putting a bullet in his wife's chest unless there's convincing evidence it was in self defense.

This is an important point though. Your average person would have been placed under arrest and then would have to prove self defense or innocence and have the charges dropped. A luxury that a cop was given that a normal citizen would not be afforded. 

7 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Can I assume that if you're only in the custody of cops you can leave if you're not under arrest. Is that correct?

Not necessarily. The police can hold you in instances like this under the suspicion of murder for something like 48 hours without arresting you. They can use this time to come up with solid proof to arrest you. If they dont have fuck all to charge you with, it is my understanding that they have to let you go.

The term in custody is used loosely and interchangeably in these cases.

49 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

This is an important point though. Your average person would have been placed under arrest and then would have to prove self defense or innocence and have the charges dropped. A luxury that a cop was given that a normal citizen would not be afforded. 

I mean, my assumption is that this will be the case when all is said and done.

Just wanting to confirm or disprove those assumptions by gaining a little clarity.

@Hua Guofangfrom the jump, before even reading the article you wanted to debunk. Not sure why you find this so hard to believe?

Guaranteed they were looking for ways to flip this, investigating every possible angle, instead of straight to handcuffs, and building a criminal case against him immediately. These pigs have taken it upon themselves to grant themselves extra rights above what the public/taxpayers who they leech from have. In reality, the American ideal of "innocent until proven guilty" has been so far eroded, it's almost shocking to see it actually applied. Imagine having the right to put a bullet in your wife's chest during a domestic dispute, and not be immediately arrested. Then imagine being shot in the chest, while the person who did that is being coddled by their coworkers that are taking a couple of days to  think up any excuse to not charge him. Fuck these pigs, I don't understand how anyone (with a conscious) in their distract could ever respect that department moving forward after this.

image.png.9b00ba8f0a185dc8bd00fee262f28b9b.png

• Truth 1