A.C.A.B.

Mercer

That's why I always use that protected feature on my Nikon, just incase I shot something someone else wanted to delete. I got harassed by NYPD the first day of the first project I decided to shoot with it. Not sure if Canons have that feature.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

THat had to have been a proper rubber bullet as I can't see a paintball round, which is what I believe tracer rounds are, could do that kind of damage. I see the tracer spray on her backpack but I'd say she had more than one person shooting at her and the other dude had a shotty with a rubber round in it.

7 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

He's been trying to get those who support him out in counter protests for a week now.

I'm not convinced he's trying to get them to clash, he most certainly wants a public show of support to counter the current optics.

But it's just another example of what Mattis said; he's not doing anything to try and unite the country. In fact, he's doing what he can to divide it even more.

I don't think that he's a Russian plant. But by fuck, he's certainly doing a good job of acting like one.

• Truth 1

I'm trying to find a light heart right now and am seriously struggling to do so, shit like this helps for a chuckle. 

Pawpatrol.PNG

“I couldn’t stand seeing myself every night, before sleepy time, wearing the badges and regalia of this fucked up establishment. I had to do something. I don’t give a fuck if they’re not real — all cops are bastards, all of them."

• LOL! 3

I can't find any clips on youtube that aren't shit quality, but Chappelle's latest (Sticks and Stones) has a brilliant segment on "every black registering......... for a legal firearm" as a means of changing the system. Worth watching if you haven't.

I watched Selma last night, wasn't good for my wife's "no honey, not all cops arguments." Also a good watch if you haven't seen.

• Truth 2

2 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

I can't find any clips on youtube that aren't shit quality, but Chappelle's latest (Sticks and Stones) has a brilliant segment on "every black registering......... for a legal firearm" as a means of changing the system. Worth watching if you haven't.

I watched Selma last night, wasn't good for my wife's "no honey, not all cops arguments." Also a good watch if you haven't seen.

laws are made by politicians who are paid by the rich

so the laws are based on an agenda 

and the cops enforce the laws

so the cops are basically a paramilitary for the rich

there are no good cops if the cops uphold laws based on the rich

My only qualm with that breakdown is the implication that an agenda is inherently "not good," and that all (or most) laws fall in that same grade. 

As I've stated elsewhere, I'm not opposed to a police or security force existing, and I am 100% in support of laws existing, however the current system is clearly broken and has not been wholly "for the people" for generations, if ever.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

My only qualm with that breakdown is the implication that an agenda is inherently "not good," and that all (or most) laws fall in that same grade. 

As I've stated elsewhere, I'm not opposed to a police or security force existing, and I am 100% in support of laws existing, however the current system is clearly broken and has not been wholly "for the people" for generations, if ever.

I feel very much the same way. Every time I say something like fuck the police, people never hesitate to tell me some rediculous drivel like "next time some one does x you should call a crack head." First of all, I have found crackheads to actually be hella fuckin helpful in the past. But thats besides the point.

Im going to have to dig up some sources but out of all of this mess I have read some really interesting solutions. I think Minneapolis has been discussing disolving their police force and replacing it with some form of community driven outreach program of some sort.

Edit

Also now that I type it out I have never really contemplated that a group of police is called a force.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

that would assume that there is a "good" agenda to begin with.

what is good for one group of people might be bad for another group.

that would still create a friction that would end up with protests anyway.

I stand by my sentiment that a law based on an agenda of any kind is a kind of societal shove into a certain direction

4 hours ago, glorydays said:

that would assume that there is a "good" agenda to begin with.

what is good for one group of people might be bad for another group.

that would still create a friction that would end up with protests anyway.

I stand by my sentiment that a law based on an agenda of any kind is a kind of societal shove into a certain direction

This is then where our views part ways. 

Agenda is the plan to reach a goal; an individual acting at any scale is acting on an agenda--whether their own or that of  the group they belong to. I personally do not believe societal cohesion is possible without some form of leadership/governance, though I am sympathetic to the frustrations of living under an inept government. Bureaucracy and greed are much worse problems than agendas, though they are oft intertwine. Even acting with the goal of maximum individual liberty is an agenda--there is no escaping it. (Perhaps I am too focused on the word agenda for your point?)

Liberty in exchange for security (or more often stability)  is a fact of nature, controlling the scale of the sacrifice is what is important to me. "Shoving in a certain direction" is happening regardless of law, market factors,  the masses' will, etc (or in reality, all together working in an inefficient manner against each other). Franklin's often misquoted quip on the subject is great for propaganda purposes, but its too succinct to stand alone as an ideology, imo.  

I've got a dozen 50 year old azaleas to plant today among a slew of other projects, so I've got to hit it while its cool, I'm fully interested in further conversation and civil discussion if time permits.

• Props 1

2 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

This is then where our views part ways. 

Agenda is the plan to reach a goal; an individual acting at any scale is acting on an agenda--whether their own or that of  the group they belong to. I personally do not believe societal cohesion is possible without some form of leadership/governance, though I am sympathetic to the frustrations of living under an inept government. Bureaucracy and greed are much worse problems than agendas, though they are oft intertwine. Even acting with the goal of maximum individual liberty is an agenda--there is no escaping it. (Perhaps I am too focused on the word agenda for your point?)

Liberty in exchange for security (or more often stability)  is a fact of nature, controlling the scale of the sacrifice is what is important to me. "Shoving in a certain direction" is happening regardless of law, market factors,  the masses' will, etc (or in reality, all together working in an inefficient manner against each other). Franklin's often misquoted quip on the subject is great for propaganda purposes, but its too succinct to stand alone as an ideology, imo.  

I've got a dozen 50 year old azaleas to plant today among a slew of other projects, so I've got to hit it while its cool, I'm fully interested in further conversation and civil discussion if time permits.

Thanks for this, bro

When i say agenda, within this context, i mean a certain means to a specific goal. The context i'm speaking of is the fact that lobbyists and those with "means" are able to influence law makers to create laws that favor the rich. 

Capital gains tax laws are a good example. This allows men like Jeff Bezos to not pay a cent in taxes while still making 74 billion within 3 months.

Most marijuana laws are influenced by pharmaceutical companies.

Trans bathroom laws are influenced by "conservative think tanks" which are really fronts for rich conservatives to push wedge issues.

And the compromise you speak, and it definitely is compromise, cannot exist outside governance. You said, "...."Shoving in a certain direction" is happening regardless of law, market factors,  the masses' will, etc....." Then why does any of this matter? Why are people angry? if nature shoves us in a direction anyway, then why are the rich buying laws and lobbying politicians? 

I'm not advocating for a lawless society, but to keep capitalism and lawmaking from touching. The same way i want christianity away from politics.

It's not fair that a small group of super rich are able to live in a society that they build around themselves using the money they made off the backs of their employees.

Societal cohesion can be achieved without a legal entity sanctioned to commit acts of aggression against it's own population. You don't need a group of people that are allowed to harm people with impunity, in much the same way you can raise a children without beating them. I've said it before, the fundamental problem is there are separate sets of rules governing police conduct, vs civilian conduct. No civilian would get away with blasting a an old homeless person in the face with a rubber bullet, or even standing guard as one of your homies snuffs another man's life out under his own knee. 

All acts of violence, or physical aggression should be avoided, any violence that is not in immediate self defense, or defense of life is wrong, period. Economically right leaning libertarians like myself still believe in a free market, but hate cops/government agents interfering in peoples lives. Right leaning authoritarians (not libertarians) might agree on a lot of free market principals, this confuses them into falsely self identifying as libertarians. They do not understand the concepts of innocent until proven guilty, the non aggression principal, or the basic philosophical concept of freedom.

If you're on the side of the cops here, or just not that bothered more by the protesters, than you are by the continuous dead bodies piling up you're not libertarian. That's authoritarian right, think thin blue line across the flag, and boot leather breath. Sucks bad enough seeing confused Trump supporters call themselves "libertarians", even sucks when the lefties don't get it, and lump all of us in with the Nazis, AKA authoritarian right when you hate that shit. I'm getting a little too far off point but I cant stand the confusion about this shit.

Back to my point, I've always "hated cops" as a group as long as I can remember, even now as an adult I still have my suspicions about them as individuals, and always will. Not that I don't think there shouldn't be any rules, or consequences for violating the rules. I just don't want a special class of people that are allowed to break the rules. Even though I couldn't explain it yet, I always knew they were pieces of shit even as a kid. My first interaction watching how cops acted when they stopped me, it's like they ignored in their own minds they were trying to ruin a kids life for nothing, just looking for some fucking weed or something in your pockets. Being dicks, asking dumb questions like bullies, then playing it cool amongst themselves pretending like "I'm not really an asshole 100% of the time" and joking around, or talk sports shit right there in front of you, as they're trying to ruin your life. To them, it was like I didn't even exist as a fellow human, sitting there scared, and suffering silently as they laughed at their stupid jokes.

At one point, you have to really ask yourself if it's even possible to agree with every law, and if not, you're enforcing them anyway what does that make you? Think about every police rookies first victim, as they enforce their first "victimless crime" law, taking some father away from his kids or something. Wouldn't be surprised if the senior parasites make the rookie drink a cup of the victims blood, as a ritual after their first drug arrest. Seriously, just accepting "it's just part of the job" is just just a couple of small steps away from forgiving yourself, for indulging in that occasional use of force, that wasn't really necessary. Next thing you know you're shooting pepper spray at a group of protesters out of your pig windows. Imagine these people, many of them who have taken knees to their own neck having the audacity to protest against police brutality, and somehow the irony still hasn't hit you as your homie blasts a homeless man in a wheelchair, right in his fucking face.

TLDR: Fuck these fucking cops.

• Truth 2