Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
15 hours ago, Mercer said:

image.png.38ff9dcbe7ad8237289f199dbc4d8cb4.png

You don't say....

Honestly I hate memes like this. These are the type of memes that are most effective as they hit on a emotional / personal level and have a semblance of truth that allows them to come off as fact. Yeah, no doubt that if yet another conservative justice is appointed and that justice and a majority of their peers feel are in opposition to Roe vs Wade and a notable organization decides to contest that judgement and it makes it all the way to the Supreme court of the land, etc etc... Sure it could actually happen.

But what bothers me the most about this meme is it entirely misses the point where we should be discussing why the fuck the federal government is even having any sort of say in what is not their fucking business and most obviously not a part of their charter or area of responsibility. I truly believe none of these memes are created by parties that actually have any intent on solving whatever issue they're signaling or they'd no doubt stop ignoring the giant pink elephant in the room, which is why the fuck is the federal government so deeply entwined in the day to day lives of citizens.

Just pause a moment and think about how many freakin issues are resolved instantly once the federal government simply cuts the cord on managing the intimate details and day to day of people and instead allows state and local governments to reassume the responsibilities they were always intended to keep? Suddenly shit like abortion, gay marriage, gun control and about a billion more contentious debates evaporate.

Its like people really would rather just keep arguing with each other than make any meaningful headway on shit like this.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, misteraven said:

Honestly I hate memes like this. These are the type of memes that are most effective as they hit on a emotional / personal level and have a semblance of truth that allows them to come off as fact. Yeah, no doubt that if yet another conservative justice is appointed and that justice and a majority of their peers feel are in opposition to Roe vs Wade and a notable organization decides to contest that judgement and it makes it all the way to the Supreme court of the land, etc etc... Sure it could actually happen.

But what bothers me the most about this meme is it entirely misses the point where we should be discussing why the fuck the federal government is even having any sort of say in what is not their fucking business and most obviously not a part of their charter or area of responsibility. I truly believe none of these memes are created by parties that actually have any intent on solving whatever issue they're signaling or they'd no doubt stop ignoring the giant pink elephant in the room, which is why the fuck is the federal government so deeply entwined in the day to day lives of citizens.

Just pause a moment and think about how many freakin issues are resolved instantly once the federal government simply cuts the cord on managing the intimate details and day to day of people and instead allows state and local governments to reassume the responsibilities they were always intended to keep? Suddenly shit like abortion, gay marriage, gun control and about a billion more contentious debates evaporate.

Its like people really would rather just keep arguing with each other than make any meaningful headway on shit like this.

You may have missed what I found funny about that tweet. That irony is perfect because it unintentionally illustrates my perspective as someone who questions the states legitimacy in all aspects.

No matter where you sit on the topic of abortion itself, or even collectivism, these NPC’s parroting popular political rhetoric can be entertaining to watch. Even people running defective software can recognize that the SCOTUS was never designed to function as it does now, a workaround for a constitutional amendment process. For her, the sting isn’t based on questioning the government, it’s probably more along the lines of “My favorite judge had cancer, but thought Hillary had this, and refused to retire under Obama because girl power and boy did that turn out bad for me”.

It doesn’t matter to me if a leftie comes to the right conclusion the wrong way. Nobody ever agrees with me so I take what I can get.

Even if she’s motivated by wanting to get as many abortions possible during her lifetime and set a record. Her statement perfectly, and unintentionally illustrates just how ridiculous our archaic system of governance is. When someone completely indoctrinated by this cult like religion of state starts noticing these glitches in the matrix, it’s worth noticing that they noticed somehow, and giving that a signal boost for the humor of it.