Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

alright that's it goddamn it....

takes his cricket bat goes home

TL:DR schnitzel is triggered 

but seriously it is actually pretty strange in it.

don't canadians still ahve the queen on their currencies

... we do. Got me there lol 

And we still have a governor general too. Meant to represent the queen here. Fkn monarchs 

103F5990-0A8A-4E8F-9EC5-A6FC57F9F762.jpeg

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, Kults said:

maybe he just couldn’t afford the harley, cmon now. you can still be a nationalist and buy some foreign stuff

That is a plausible angle.  Here are a few more:

* Harley's are just a brand of a type of bike to ride.  I'd argue that the Japanese bike is actually a better bike.

* Japan and USA have a great relationship.

* Japanese products are typically VERY high quality.

Not sure why it would be considered "unAmerican" to use Japanese products.

Also, don't the people that hate on those that support Trump the ones that don't like America?

I would think they should be applauding those guys for not buying USA made products if that were the case.

So contradictory, it's just weird.  How to survive when you're constantly tearing yourself apart and imploding at the same time.

• Like 1

I didn't get too deep in to the site so I am not totally sure if Honda's has a Motorcycle and ATV Division  in the States but... they are present in many of their other divisions.  Honestly it just males sense for a global supplier/product producer to open manufacturing plants in nations/continents because it cost a hell off a lot to ship 🚢 and not too mention the risks e.g. Drake Passage.  

Of course Panama canal has been re-dredged to accommodate the larger ships and to mainly avoid the Drake Passage but save time, fuel, and risk.  But in the end its still all about capacity and shipping costs for these companies such as automobiles and heavy equipment. 

Anyhow,  its economics unfortunately politics has a hand in it which makes it toxic. 

https://hondainamerica.com/manufacturing/

Screenshot_20200916-165409_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20200916-165422_Brave.jpg

• Props 2

The way I think, it's best to base your buying decisions on quality/price and not emotions. If you're going to let making a political statement factor into your recreational vehicle buying decision, that company had better either done something so great that you're reppin', or fucked up majorly like "damn I couldn't do business/associate with Honda anymore after the infamous Honda fart scandal."

That's why most gay people aren't going to boycott Chick Fill A, and that's why MAGA hats are shipped in from China. Honda would have to commit a puppy, and kitten genocide before my mom sold her favorite car. For any sane person, the political statement has to actually be worth the sacrifice, and it usually isn't after some soul searching, because virtue signals aren't worth a fucking penny most of the time.

With that said, I guess Harleys at least hold a little street cred value which is def worth something more than just the made in the USA. I'd never take shit from some pussy on a Honda, but if we're being honest we'd all think before taking on someone riding a Harley, so that value factors in to at least a 20% markup.

• Like 2
  • Props 2