Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

i've been playing quake 1 and its two expansion packs on a modded xbox.

old fps games are fun.

especially doom but it's annoying not being able to look up or down or jump.

quake 1 has the creepy environment like doom and all the satanic? shit and demon faces everywhere, and it's got grainy graphics, but you can jump and look around.

and i've got all these old coin op games on the same xbox, and since there's no coins i have infinite continues. which is kind of lame. i beat the original xmen arcade game in under 15 minutes. i am disappoint.

New trailer for L.A. Noire coming out tomorrow (12pm EST) from Rockstar... been anticipating this game for months. Was supposed to drop this month, but got pushed back... I think it comes out February.

noire.jpg

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/la-noire/1133176p1.html

Supposed to be the biggest open-world ever made... entire neighborhoods & districts of L.A. in the 40's were recreated block by block using old maps and photographs from archives. The facial animation is supposed to be revolutionary for games... where there is no lip-syncing problem because the voices are recorded at the same time the person is speaking with the sensors that map their mouth movements & facial expressions. As opposed to the past of a guy simply reading a script in to the mic, and then facial graphics are later rendered to match the voices.

says they did something special with their mo-cap

guess i'll wait and find out.

1940's gta?

Yeah instead of the past in games where someone reads a script, then graphics were rendered to match the voice. And often it came off looking artificial & obviously dubbed. Instead, the person reading the script will also have facial-tracking sensors on their face, that way animation is rendered/recorded while they speak so there will be no lip-syncing issues. So the voice-actor has to do physical acting as well. Think Avatar or Polar Express. From what I read, one reason why the motion-capture is key is because you gotta be able to read facial expressions to determine who's lying and whatnot.

Not really 1940's GTA since you play a detective solving crimes, asking questions, finding clues, interrogating, etc.... but there will be action - shootouts, fights, etc. Also 90% of the crimes in the game are based off of actual crimes that took place in L.A. in the 1940's.

Vanquish is pretty much Ninja Gaiden with guns. You're always on the brink of death, and your heart rate is constantly through the roof... and it's epic as fuck, there's gigantic shit happening all around you all the time. I'm going bananas over this game.

vanquish-2.jpg

This should be the sleeper title for late-2010. Reviews are great and I hear it is absolutely nuts. I planned on picking it up since it came out, but I'm a fucking cheapskate on video games. I have enough to play, but I'll snatch up a discounted/clearance game at Target or Toys R Us - I got Fallout 3 for $6 and The Orange Box for $10, both brand new. I'm sure Vanquish will hit the dust price-wise, as it flew under the radar, and I'll cop it on the cheap...