Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Question:

I plan on buying an Xbox 360, probably at the end of May. I know there's a new 360 Ultra Awesome Cool edition coming out soon - but what's the difference with the versions already for sale (other than coming in black)? Is the anticipated price difference (which is what?) worth whatever the improvements are?

Thanks.

The new black one is going to include a 120GB, and they're actually abondoning the old white one soon, or at least the 20GB HD will be abandoned. Also, they're going to include a higher quality audio output option, I'm don't recall what the connection is called at the moment but I'm sure that someone will chime in with the name of it.

Haha... man, I imagine that it wouldn't be too hard to fill up the 20GB... I am nowhere close but I don't really download too much content, just a few arcade games here and there and maybe updates for the games I already have but that's it. They actually offer HD content (tv shows, movies, etc) to download and I'm sure you could fill up your HD quick with all that stuff. I believe my little brother is going to be selling his old white one soon when the black one comes out. I don't know if you'd be interested. Oh, check your PM's too.

It's boring and tedious. Not a fun job at all. And the pay is shit.

if your trying to become a videogame designer, this is probably one of the best ways to go. Alot of the popular designers such as the guy that made god of war i believe was a video game tester for a while. He then got a chance to mix with a good crowd of people and now look at him. Yes it is a tedious job, but shit free passage to E3 is my type of party.

If you're planning on trying to get in the business then that's pretty much where you have to start. But it's still a boring ass job. My friend did that for 2 years before a programming job opened up.

And as far as I know, Rueben isn't trying to get in the biz. So for him, it would be a boring job.

The thing is, I thought it was going to be a dope ass job too.

Instead it's taking something that's supposed to be fun, and making it a job...

Basically they assign you a level, or if it's a fighting game, a mode or a character or the option menu... It doesn't really matter.

Then you have to meticulously go through every single part of the thing your assigned, writing down every step of the way what you did. If you see a glitch, you have to follow your instructions, and if the same glitch doesn't happen, then you have to keep trying until you figure out where the glitch is.

Alot of times you don't even get the whole game, just the part that you are working on, and the hours usually end up following you home. They'll give you a modded version of whatever system you're testing it on though, which was cool. I was doing Dreamcast, which shows how long ago this was. And I just ended up burning tons of games and playing them on my modded dreamcast.

The people you meet are usually cool enough to help you mod your own if you don't know how though. At least the ones I knew were.

It's not a horrible job, but the long hours suck. And the fact that you're usually making like right above minimum wage. Also, usually if you're a tester that means you are a temp, so no benefits or anything like that.

BUT, if you are trying to get in the biz, and do design or programming, that's seriously the best way to do it. There are always testing positions open as long as you live in an area with video game companies ( SF, LA...)

There are other cool positions that you can advance to, like the people that go to the stores and set up the displays.

But yeah, it wasn't for me.

The new Might and Magic game, "Dark Messiah", is kind of a let down. I thought it would be a massive RPG like the old M&M games were, but it's more like a FPS with swords. It's totally linear and kind of cheesy. I guess it's based on the Source (Half-Life 2) engine. It's still fun, you can kick bad guys into fires, off ledges, and into metal spikes, but it's nothing like the old M&M games with huge worlds and hours of fun. I was expecting something along the lines of "Oblivion". The graphics are sick, though, and it runs so smooth on this computer. Does anyone know any new RPGs that can live up to "Oblivion" standards?

Could anyone suggest me some good 2d platformers for psx, ps2, or even dreamcast? I'm really craving something like Super Mario World, but without me knowing every nook and cranny of the game.

i'd say nintendo wii or the ds are the way to go for 2d platformers, but you didn't mention that...

939277b.jpg

281607b.jpg

all 7 metal slug games in one

939359b.jpg

then of course the "classic" collection type games:

281638b.jpg

938939b.jpg

281109b.jpg

938734b.jpg