The Off Grid living thread (Dropping out the rat race)

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...

image.thumb.jpeg.ffd52476d822fd61a4ea842e613ef470.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.55dfbdd7e2f564669bb00160ec5b3208.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.43a8faf64ebe80e57a9c06143fe6672d.jpeg

Past week.  Had these views all to myself and was solidly content.  I think I've also decided to throw my name in the ring for a unique opportunity.  Won't say a lot here but it's one of those clickbaitish type stories you see online like 'you could live on this remote island for free- but there's a catch' type shit.  Well there's one of those off grid type things available that I'm aware of and I'm feeling like going for it.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ffd52476d822fd61a4ea842e613ef470.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.55dfbdd7e2f564669bb00160ec5b3208.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.43a8faf64ebe80e57a9c06143fe6672d.jpeg

Past week.  Had these views all to myself and was solidly content.  I think I've also decided to throw my name in the ring for a unique opportunity.  Won't say a lot here but it's one of those clickbaitish type stories you see online like 'you could live on this remote island for free- but there's a catch' type shit.  Well there's one of those off grid type things available that I'm aware of and I'm feeling like going for it.

But do they have trains?

• Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shit like this just makes my day 100%.  Came down a trail where fields meet woods and came upon a bear in a cut of tall grass.  I couldn't see her until we were 20' apart.  She did some huffs and stomps so I stepped back a bit and she relaxed.  As she left I saw she had a small cub with her.  I ran into her later on my way back.  She gave me a huff and I found a comfortable distance and chilled with them while she nursed this cub and then it played in the tree.  I think this is only the 2nd time I've seen a cub this young and this close.

• Like 4
  • Props 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, LUGR said:

who dominates the scene?

None actually. Roosters get pretty competitive between themselves. The ducks are their own crew and rarely integrate. They act like a hive mind and when one does something, they all follow. Chickens sort of just wander and mostly ignore each other, beyond the competitiveness amongst the roosters. The turkeys are both hens, and pretty much act just like chickens.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...