The Off Grid living thread (Dropping out the rat race)

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Pretty sure there was some really good info floating around about rain water collection/usage in here. Or somewhere nearby but I’ve recently peaked in interest. Anybody got any good recs for where/how to start? 

It got some brief mention on here with some different ideas of what people were going for.  I don't think I was thinking beyond collecting rainwater to water lawn/garden.  Beginning place would be to look up info on rain barrels with spigots, you can always include search terms specific to what you want to use the water for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

It got some brief mention on here with some different ideas of what people were going for.  I don't think I was thinking beyond collecting rainwater to water lawn/garden.  Beginning place would be to look up info on rain barrels with spigots, you can always include search terms specific to what you want to use the water for.

Seems like so much more one can do with that shit. I went down the YouTube hole. Seems pretty legit on something I’m gonna get into for when I build my workshop. Instead of run water from my house I’m gonna get all off grid with solar panels and rain water lol. Who knows when exactly but that’s the plan. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

On 3/17/2023 at 9:23 PM, LUGR said:

So, in a situation like that….what do you do?

and I don’t want to hear share your bag of blow.

Maybe share his bag of blow. 

You mean what should one typically do, or what does OMB do?  If you don't know shit about bears and you come up on that in the woods, you back away slowly while facing the bear until you are safely away.  Keep an eye on the bear but don't stare or make a lot of eye contact.  If you're with people, group together.  Do not run.  Do not try to climb a tree.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...