Old Forum?

CILONE/SK

Internerd blue balls

..... SOON

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With such a small amount of users that remain why re-design the website? The change could push away some of the remaining posters. This forum will never be what it was and i think getting new or returning users to come back because it is visually different wont be enough.

If its an economic issue to keep the site going and help pay the bills than yeah go forward but times dun changed.

The lag is being dealt with, that is why we're back on the old forum for now. See Raven's Top of Page Announcement

define weak?

What about the design bothers you guys so much?

I kind of see Watson's CNN description, but I don't have a problem with it.

Would those details bother you so much if it were running at appropriate speed?

What about the design bothers you guys so much?

The only thing that bugged me about the new layout is the toolbar at the top along with the BIG photo links to articles found on the front page. With that at the top and this stupid fucking ComplexStyle tool bar at the bottom (clicking it to the side is still annoying) It feels like the forum is sandwiched.

I figured this was a genuine question thats why i put in my 2 cents.

Also after reading the thing Raven posted updating, my account wont work because its not even connected to my email, i just log on and it tells me i havent opened my confirmation email (never got one) and then just go back to the site and im logged in.

My understanding is that this is something that we can fix once the update (v.2) goes through. The Helpdesk feature is meant to help with anyone who has been locked out, I don't know the details of how its going to work, but Raven is very aware of the problem and has put some real effort into trying to fix all these issues.

As to the layout; yes, sincere question. I'm not saying any change will come from anyone telling me what they hate, but who knows?

If we're talking things that we don't like about the new design, I find it way less easy to scroll through than this format. The posts are enormous.

Kind of just an aesthetic grip, but basically also a readability issue. And I think it's ugly, but that's entirely subjective. The way it is now is clean and simple...I assume the giant posts and enormous gifs/images are designed to promote posting photos, which is the basis and backbone of this forum and all that. So it makes sense in that context. But for Channel Zero...no good.

As to the layout; yes, sincere question. I'm not saying any change will come from anyone telling me what they hate, but who knows?

^well, maybe Raven can also visit this thread and see the feedback posted here by users and consider some of the ideas here.

I assume the giant posts and enormous gifs/images are designed to promote posting photos, which is the basis and backbone of this forum and all that. So it makes sense in that context.

yup, thats exactly what its for...you hit the nail on the head.

im sure once the new forum comes out, stuff like layout will get more tweaked and refined as we go, so I bet Raven will find a middle ground between layout for photos vs for text in the months to come.

Trying to be positive about it all. I will say that I like the layout of the site, just not the forum. Then again I didn't really have long enough on here to see if there were any ways to amend the design because the white and blue expression engine forum was visually horrible. Hate white backgrounds and blue writing so the whole thing just looked horrible. But I am sure there must be options to change that!

I felt it actually looked like a step back rather than forward, visually the old forum is much more pleasing to the eye.

huh, i didn't see white with blue.

and i agree that would suck.

when i saw it, it was greyer and the text was too small or too light but othereise didn't look a ton different from way back when. to me anyway.

will wait. and see.