Noestradimbus Drives West...(anothertravelthread)

7897113726_e5e78613d9_c.jpg

This is yours truly. My dog peaches. And my new vehicle(2000 jeep cherokee limited).

7883981084_4907958865_b.jpg

This is my trip. City wise. Minus all the camping spots and random shit along the way.

I have quit my job of over 2 years.

Finally decided to leave the house/mansion that I haven't paid rent in for 6 months.(yessquatterkindof)

Bought a car. saved some money bills. Leaving for a maybe not-s0 semi permanent final destination of Portland, Oregon. If you happen to live in one of deez cities or pretty close by one of deez cities. You already know. I'm pretty fucking c00l br0. and my dog is a saint. skateb0arding br0's are a plus. metal dudes, rap letters peoples, general non-juggalos getatmedawwwg. teenage hoodlums that live with they parents need not apply. less you know a buttload of 18 year old whyte ginger hoes with thigh pieces.

I'll be with cellular device. And mobile intranet so i'll be posting as much action as i can along the way.

I'm been drinking. This should be interesting. Leave officially on september 11th. or. the 13th. be on the road out until i have enough to hang in portland for at least a month.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you're going philly to baltimore then straight west to pittsburgh and then dayton OH(?)

if thats the route you take i have a lot to contribute from experience.

philly is philly. i wont be up there but you'll probably be fine sleeping out of your car and being a grimy fuck as that's practically a local hobby up there. your dog might like the schuylkill riverwalk, which is also a hit-or-miss bench spot. im sure youve been there before, real locals could help you out here. if you feel like taking a day trip from philly the town of centralia PA is a ghost town with an underground mine fire burning under it. it's tight and other 12oz'ers have been before. i would check it out.

if you're taking 95 ... hit one of the delaware or maryland beaches on the way to baltimore and get end-of-season shit like blue crabs for cheap if youve never had them. there still might be some for the taking. after labor day those beach towns in the area (rehobeth, ocean city MD, fenwick island) get semi-empty except for locals ... not like december empty but enough that theres parking and its peaceful. the weather should be awesome either way. you will get smacked with tolls up and down 95 in that stretch, it's expensive as fuck. there are outlets on 95 just over the MD line in delaware that claim to have a nike factory outlet but it fucking sucks, dont get hyped. the rehobeth outlets are marginally better.

or if you're open to adventure you can take route 1 south from philly to 695 which goes around baltimore. way more local roads and local flavor of northern maryland, which is quiet and cool. theres this crazy dam and reservoir on the way that has a park and fishing opportunities ... probably a small shitty beach too. there are no tolls on this road. keep an eye out for the combination auto repair shop and beer store that's about an hour north of baltimore ... america.

from baltimore west to pittsburgh is boring as shit. are you going through breezewood? if so, stop there and get food ... it's the only legitimate food place for miles in either direction. by legitimate i mean it isnt a wasteland rest stop with sbarro and other broke ass bum shit, breezewood at least has a denny's.

between breezewood and pittsburgh youll run into some random towns and attractions that ill describe here.

straight north of bedford PA is altoona, aka white male train nerd foamer city. home of horseshoe curve, an awesome piece of railroad engineering that has crazy amounts of trains. worth seeing if thats anything that interests ya.

next ... nearby the town of somerset PA (on the pa turnpike) is shanksville, where the plane destined for the white house on 9/11 went down. ive never been but i want to go sometime. supposedly its a real memorial there now and not some tacky bulletin board covered in shit.

pittsburgh i know nothing about. ive been twice and thought it was real cool both times. there's one rap station in pittsburgh, 101.1, and its garbage. figured you oughta know in case you have a thirst for 2 chainz en route.

i would drive up through cleveland instead of dayton. cleveland has more going on and sucks less than dayton. also you drive through youngstown and as some 12ozers can tell you i have a love/hate with the city of youngstown. theres like 3 good food spots in the whole city but theyre cheap and fucking delicious.

anywhere west of cleveland and you're off my radar. good ruck doe. i'd offer to meet up but my life is scrambled like eggs at breakfast right now. maybe again in the future.

so you're going philly to baltimore then straight west to pittsburgh and then dayton OH(?)

columbus* the fuck is a daytonlol?

thanks for all dat doe big inj. and fuck yer scrambled eggs ass life fool. where my nigga taylor swift at!!? that underground mine shit sounds real extra serious too. definitely marking the list.

i might hit up toledo and do the world famous cedar poijnt for round three in my lifetime.

but a solo mission through there is probably hella boring...not sure yet.

Also head north to Milwaukee after leaving Chicago. It'll be less gay that way.

About 30-45 minutes outside of Milwaukee on 90/94 is Johnson Creek... It has a Nike outlet store among many others... No good places to eat there though.

Stop at Conejitos in Milwaukee for some super delicious authentic cheap ass paper plate mexican food.

$3 for a plate of artery clogging goodness.

I'd send you my contact info and shit but i'm gonna be busy as fuck with school and work the next 9 months. I could link you up with swordfish meatloaf, I'm positive he's not up to much.

I will have to say, Milwaukee is fun. I lived between Chicago and Milwaukee for a few years and enjoyed going to both. If you hit up the field the Brewers play in during their preseason games, you can get baseball bats and baseballs for a dollar.

Cheap beer, baseballs and bats always make for a good time. You should partake.

I'll support much of this advice....got to get my own ass to Horseshoe Curve soon but yeah, head there & bench. Chicago is great for benching too. Despite my overall dislike of WI, Milwaukee is still cool to travel through. I think there's better Mexican, but if you go w/ the above suggestion bring a change of underwear. Memory is not 100% right now, but off of the Brady St area there's a spot with decent pizza and another spot that is Lao/Thai where you order your food on a heat scale of 1-10, with 5 being pretty damn hot and 10 being you probably won't taste or finish your meal and you'll pee fire from your ass like a flamethrower. Also, if you don't go the Milwaukee route, head up from Chicago to the Rochelle Railfan park in Rochelle IL, another dope benching area. I also imagine you can sleep in your car there if you're the type to find the sounds of the rails soothing. If you're going to pass through Wyoming, I'd suggest skipping the southern route to Utah and heading across the north to check out Wind Cave National Park and Yellowstone National Park.

No way. What's your timeline? Sorry if I missed it. This is awesome. Unfortunately you will be missing most of the cities in which I could hook you up with people. Nashville, Memphis, Jackson (WY), Seattle, and some places in MT. But you have a great route planned. I would definately second that driving through southern Wyoming is rather pointless. I would suggest either going up farther north to Yellowstone (if you haven't been, it's definitely on the lifelong to do list). Starbucks dumpsters are usually great for after 9pm, if you aren't on food stamps it's a great way to travel, hit me up if you plan to do that - only takes a day, morals aside, etc. I am super stoked to keep up with this and you must post many pictures. Many many pictures. Avoid interstates and make Nat'l parks even if they're out of the way is my only true suggestion. I have at many times had the most wonderful experiences only when I was not pressed for time on a self imposed schedule of "make it to so and so by x". Just make X four days more than you would think and whole worlds open up... What are you driving? Do you have enough to live comfortably or will you be scheming? If you run into any trouble I can paypal you some $ for gas. I'm pretty broke but at the moment but travelling trumps twiddling, so hit me up. Yellowstone, seriously. The drive through NW Wyoming is killer. Anywhere else is endless fields. Which has its perks, but jeez. Very stoked for your journey. KEEP UPDATING!!!

• Like 1

7897113726_e5e78613d9_c.jpg

this is whats supposed to be in that flickr fail.

messaged a mod to halp fix the original posting.

we'll see if that works. KIR! yer the dude. thnx for the positive viiibesman.

i'm actually capping my trip off with my uncle(an ex-yellowstone ranger/grizzly manmutherfucker)

whos a current caretaker on lake tahoe. we're taking some trippy 3 day hike to an allegedly

secret spot supposedly only 300 people know about out there. something orgasm plain or some shit.

supposed to be the most wild view ever. we'll see. after that it's portlandia indefinitely if i find work.

^that is actually showing up for me.

i went to fix it but it looked fine.

anyway i edited it but it seemed alright.

so, baltimore to pittsburgh.

if you are interested in the civil war at all, you are going to pass Antietam and Gettysburg

Antietam is quaint. one of the BEST parts is that you can walk around with your dog. I'd recommend it if the weather is good.

Gettysburg was much more significant and as such is hugely commercial, with a museum and store and cafeteria. i'd bet it's not as dog-friendly but i'm not sure. next year is the 150th anniversary so they've been sprucing up for that. this stuff might seem silly, but i felt the atmosphere of war lingered, and the fact that tens of thousands of people had died and suffered there, left an imprint.

as for the trip as a whole, i'm surprised you aren't doing more national parks just because well, you'll pass a bunch and they are fucking incredible. you might want to consider it.

i did a national parks tour a couple years ago, 8383 miles in 12 days with 2 dogs. i got a natl parks pass for $80 and saw maybe 10 of em. something i'd also recommend: get off the highway a bit and take some byways. you see a lot more than just the endless rotation of Walmart McDonalds Starbucks Target Petsmart.