2 Week Vegan Challenge (personal challenge)

ipod90

Very true, I've wheened my girl off of iron tablets by introducing her to good red meat and spinach! Her levels are perfect again, if you believe in the levels they tell you, I guess?

Like you said, people are so much more informed, but I genuinely think that the information about what we should and shouldn't eat is so contradictory and so over saturated these days, that people just say FUCK IT.

Some idiot eats Maccas every single day for a month or some shit and proclaims that it's bad for you? Really mate? Really?

If you're feeling a bit off. I would suggest taking out all processed food for at least a week, no red meat, no bread, no dairy what so ever, then introduce them back into your diet one by one - you'll be able to tell what's making you feel sick. For me, unfortunately, it's red meat.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you said, people are so much more informed, but I genuinely think that the information about what we should and shouldn't eat is so contradictory and so over saturated these days, that people just say FUCK IT.

i agree with you 110%!

for every study that says one thing, there are 2 or 3 saying the complete opposite!

some of the research studies on food and nutrition in peer reviewed journals are even funded by the product themselves!

for example, studies on high fructose corn syrup can be funded by groups like the corn refiners association, to find out all the postive aspects of HFCS, even though the cons of HFCS may actually outweigh the pros.

another example is those diet pills...if they claim one thing, and a research study shows evidence that its not true, all they have to do is change one aspect of the ingredient and they can use the same marketing again....no FDA regulation on this.

so much contradiction, that people either pick and choose what side to believe, or just give up completely and stop caring.

*edit:

just googled maccas...wow..didnt know thats what Australians called mcdonalds.

Hello All.

As you know I have not updated since Friday night.(I think) Although

the weekend is over my vegan nightmare has is still got a hold

of me. Which means more vegan filling's and snacks.

Here is last nights meal, Noodles with broccoli and other oriental seasonings and spices...

2qd90xz.jpg

It was quite delicious.

Tonights meal was Gnocchi pasta. It was very nice but was screaming for the Parmesan cheese

in my refrigerator, but staying strong to the vegan way's I did not add.

316x99i.jpg

Gnocchi just added to pasta sauce after being cooked to perfection.

sdh55w.jpg

Final product complimented with a cool ginger beer. I devoured this in about ten minutes

being as hungry as I am.

Other than these main meals I have been snacking quite regularly,

nuts and fruit being the main staple of snacks. I have not been drinking as much water as I would

have liked so hopefully I can change that in the next few days.

Personally I have not noticed any changes in my behavior or outlook on eating meat yet. I still want to meat and

do not feel like this diet is going to change anything. The only change I have really noticed has been in the

bathroom department. I am noticing a little less friction in the number 2's and the number 1's are looking a tad

darker in colour than usual. Which is letting me know I need more water during the day. So yeah thats about it really.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions there will be more updates to come as I continue on.

So I got to about page two when the vegan/soy/man boobs/bpa/meat started.

On that note my friend went to the doctor and they told him he had diabetes, take all these fucking pills/shots whatever. He is like no I'm not taking this shit I'm just a fat fuck and need to loose weight. So he just went vegan, not super strict and once a month/week? he eats whatever he wants and started working out. He went back to the doctor after losing like 40 lbs and they were like ummm no you dont have diabetes. So just eat healthy and get enough protein. Also tahini gravy is made from legumes, has tons of protein and doesn't taste half bad.

It isn't hard so much as it's tricky.

I didn't eat meat for 14 years, which was straightforward- I just didn't eat meat. The three years I was vegan meant I had to pay way more attention to my diet. Was it worth it? Hard to say. If it's what you want to do, sure. It won't kill you.

If you're trying to detox, a juice fast would probably be more effective (and won't kill you either)but it's definitely not for everyone.

Discussing dietary choices is almost like bringing up religion or politics. Everyone talks, no one really listens.

I can definitely see how eating vegetarian or vegan would make you more conscious of your eating habits than just being an omnivore.

And I couldn't agree with you more on that last statement, but I think that's the way it should be. You shouldn't have to listen to someone tell you how THEIR version of spirituality is better for you any more than you should have to listen how THEIR version of food is better for you. Food should just be food. And the entire discussion about vegetarianism, from start to finish should be.

"Hey everything we just ate was vegetarian."

"Oh hey it was. That's interesting."

/end scene.

Here is last nights meal, Noodles with broccoli and other oriental seasonings and spices...

2qd90xz.jpg

It was quite delicious.

ya know man im not even trying to bash you but that looks like shit. this whole "challenge" would be a lot easier if you just stepped up your cooking skills first haha

Mr. Incognito - I always seem to make things harder on myself... haha

10ro744.jpg

Tonight I had Chinese with Filipino noodles was very strange not to have this

with pork or chicken. Still tasted moderately good.

30mbqyp.jpg

Now unfortunately I have other matters to discuss with you all. This weekend coming

is going to be easter long weekend,

In other words I am going to throw in the towel this Friday. I am

over this shit and want to eat the food that I love. I also want to get into the easter spirit by sitting

out the front of my house drinking piss, eating mountains of bbq seafood and watching the footy.

I will continue to update until Friday. I know you are feeling like I have somehow robbed you of something. I am deeply sorry,

Didnt you make a post saying how it was weird for humans to be drinking the milk of another animal ? But you're alright with eating chicken periods ?

I love both but just found that strange.

Yeah I know, it's a total contradiction, I'm not perfect. Maybe an egg once a week would be awesome, especially if I could just go pick it out of chicken coop in the backyard.