How Fucking pointless is the ComplexMedia bar

Swindle

i remember when it first came around people complained and whined about it but it wasnt so much of a big deal to me.

however after months of it i've realised it actually doesn't even work. every now and then something will pop up that i am interested in, before i can fully read it, it disappears into the virtual rollerdex of doom and god knows how long i have to wait to read it again. Finally it resurfaces, i click the story and nothing happens, no link, nothing. i click share this page (what page i'm infact meant to be sharing exactly will remain a mystery through out the annuals of time) SURPRISE, nothing happens.

Out of sheer desperation i drag my mouse over to the large ComplexMedia logo and click, the firefox swirling thing swirls for a second....could it be..the air becomes tense with anticipation of the great unknown.....NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS.in a last ditch effort i click the right arrow and the bar compresses to its smaller, more compact option. a wretched shadow of it former self, cowering in the corner. i click the arrow again, stupidly assuming the bar will expand back to its former righteous glory of uselessness, alas i am mistaken.....

tumblr_l7bza4epDp1qzfzg3o1_500.png

ZE ARROWS, ZEY DO NAZINGGGG! and i am stuck with the midget ComplexMedia bar until i refresh or go to a different page. if i want to pursue any of few stories that aren't about some homoerotic hypebeast sneakers i have to remember the title of the article and google it, well doesnt that sort of defeat the purpose of the media bar? i'm not against 12oz having advertisements but how about ones that work.

seriously, is this thing meant to do anything, at all?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember when it first came around people complained and whined about it but it wasnt so much of a big deal to me.

however after months of it i've realised it actually doesn't even work. every now and then something will pop up that i am interested in, before i can fully read it, it disappears into the virtual rollerdex of doom and god knows how long i have to wait to read it again. Finally it resurfaces, i click the story and nothing happens, no link, nothing. i click share this page (what page i'm infact meant to be sharing exactly will remain a mystery through out the annuals of time) SURPRISE, nothing happens.

Out of sheer desperation i drag my mouse over to the large ComplexMedia logo and click, the firefox swirling thing swirls for a second....could it be..the air becomes tense with anticipation of the great unknown.....NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS.in a last ditch effort i click the right arrow and the bar compresses to its smaller, more compact option. a wretched shadow of it former self, cowering in the corner. i click the arrow again, stupidly assuming the bar will expand back to its former righteous glory of uselessness, alas i am mistaken.....

tumblr_l7bza4epDp1qzfzg3o1_500.png

ZE ARROWS, ZEY DO NAZINGGGG! and i am stuck with the midget ComplexMedia bar until i refresh or go to a different page. if i want to pursue any of few stories that aren't about some homoerotic hypebeast sneakers i have to remember the title of the article and google it, well doesnt that sort of defeat the purpose of the media bar? i'm not against 12oz having advertisements but how about ones that work.

seriously, is this thing meant to do anything, at all?

lcbb5d95fb150fe0f7cf9ab.jpg

• Like 1

I'm supposed to encourage people to click ads and stuff like that, but...you could use Greasemonkey to remove the script that creates the bar if it really bothers you that much. (I'm not going to tell you how to do it since I believe in empowerment and I don't want to take a Google search and/or a potentially valuable learning experience away from you.)

Also- I don't think this is something that Raven/12 oz has any say in how it's implemented, but you could mention it in Feedback.