WHATS THE DIFFERENCE....

vanfullofretards

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detroit Techno is great music.

But to each their own, it's not for everyone.

I don't really know Dubstep that well. To me it sounds like a hybrid of drum n' bass and speed garage from the late 90's, but dubbed out. I don't hate it, but still haven't grown to really love it like most people.

Detroit is where it's at. Them mother fuckers are on another level. Maybe another decade from now some cats might finally figure out how that their coffee has been watered down.

sorry if im stepping on toes but...

dubstep is fucking terrible

its an obvious derivative of drumnbass (not really jungle, altho its related)

dubstep is more characterized by broken beats whereas drum n' bass generally has more of a consistent bassline.

kind of imagine a decent drum'n bass record that has been viciously scratched with car keys and yet the dj unwittingly continues to let it play. thats dubstep.

I lose track of all the genres these days. That wiki link to the genre and sub genre was nuts. Kinda silly to put a twist on one genre to create a new one. I use the term "electronic" and go from there. I understand jungle, DnB, techno, trance, ambiance etc but into other break downs I feel its not worth putting it to memory.

Its like the other day I was looking for a description for Shpongle and I got downtempo/ambient Psychedelic trance so long and retarded that they feel the need to shorten it to Psybient

eh it has fast drum beat to it...besides that...I would respectively smash that.

meh, each to their own. id call it a dnb beat...or at least very reminiscent of dnb.

either how, my point was more that Magentic Man (the people who made the tune) are 3 of the most well know dubstep guys. but is this tune dubstep or a trance-fast drum mash up?