**1969 PHOTO HUNT THREAD**

jbrshmonster

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: **2010 PHOTO HUNT THREAD BITCHES**

this one sucks.

neonlights.jpg

No it doesn't, this shot is great. Maybe a bit more care with the framing, because you had the strong lines there already you could have used.

And I think with a bit of straightening and a tiny bit more love, your city night shot would be better than mercers.

;)

cheers.

i have alot to learn, everything in fact. and night photos are gonna be the real test. gotta figure out how to focus properly on light to start. then learn more about exposure and shutter speed secondly. which actually all tie in together im sure so i suppose its just an overall knowledge just to get the flick to look properly, let alone multidimensional so i can give them my own style.

Nah, night photos are the same as day photos except you need a bit of extra help with light.

That or longer exposures, which means keeping the camera still.

Light must be used properly and so must shade and contrast, take my church picture for example, walking round the church to find the place where the light hits it most interestingly is one thing, but being able to use the camera to expose it correctly to the point that none of the detail is lost is another.

Picture180.jpg

Green.

Picture277.jpg

Poison.

Picture315.jpg

More sculpture than statue.

Picture319.jpg

Neon and green. I actually have two or three other neon/green flicks.

maps.jpg

Maps. Older flick to be honest.

Hopefully I still get some others in the next couple of days.

4- Symmetry: first time manually fucking with that "depth of field" shit, as iv now learned its called. aperature n shit. kinda like this one.

symmetry.jpg

Cos who did this?? I love it. Oh. And you captured it nicely.

IOU I like the lighting for your maps photos. Lame squids

you couldnt capture more because of the rain. Your photos

are always interesting.

@ Bfish, Deuce 7

Nah, night photos are the same as day photos except you need a bit of extra help with light.

That or longer exposures, which means keeping the camera still.

Light must be used properly and so must shade and contrast, take my church picture for example, walking round the church to find the place where the light hits it most interestingly is one thing, but being able to use the camera to expose it correctly to the point that none of the detail is lost is another.

werd. but how do you take decent flicks without having to set the camera down on something or using a tripod. dude i was getting really fucking confused. either i couldnt really get anything to show up properly when i was trying to manually play around and when i used settings on the switch the shutter speed was slowed right down making it impossible to take a picture with the camera in my hand.

what am i doing wrong, why wasnt i able to take pics holding the cam in my hands.

iv been bringing the manual with me everywhere i go so as i can reference shit and make sure i was remembering what i had already read was correct, still had these problems. im doing something(s) wrong.

Bfish: Thanks, you are too cool.

RC: Thanks as well. You did good for just saying fuck it and doing it. Stepping up is always gets my respect.

Cali: There is a huge food truck movement going on down here. There is that Brazilian one, a Reggae Chicken joint and an Asian/Mexican fusion one that is off the charts.

sorry it's late. i've missed a few too.

this bridge is the closest i could get to ancient. it's aboot 123 years old...

DSC01357.jpg

smoke

DSC01370.jpg

symmetry... kinda...

DSC01355.jpg

green

DSC01350.jpg

bad graf... tsukitsukinow?

DSC01354.jpg

my poison/ life support

DSC01368.jpg

statue

DSC01352.jpg

heritage, my team, this belonged to my dad, been handed down to me.

DSC01369.jpg

my city... done time done drugs. Dundee!

DSC01362.jpg

there's been amazing pics fae everyone!!

Rolf with the coolness, but fucking MN is up there with the heavy hitters.

I really hope this thread stays alive this time around. Could definitely push me into not taking such fucking mediocre

flicks or at least to look at things differently.

Mn1 mos def came hard.

I dunno how the mods feel about this but I was thinkin maybe make a new thread for each hunt. Maybe just pm them to close the old one if bandwidth is a concern.

That way they stay short n sweet, and fresh on the page maybe making other people not involved to give er a whirl. Might make it more undaunting. There's threads iv never even opened before that are on the front page like clockwork, and I fucking post like whoa.

Keeps it fresh. Easier to read/look thru. Some of those older longstanding threads with mad pages I don't even wanna fuck with.

Again, I think it will generate more intrest from people not nesasarily in tune with doing it at first glance aswell as making it not one of those threads where if you aint in the "club" why bother opening it.

Itll also make it easier to structure each round aswell without having to dig randomly to find the post. I'm sure everyone will have little twists/instructions apart from just the actual list.

I dunno, that's my idea. I think it would work well.

nah fuck. i'll have to be a fuckin' cretin and disagree with you cos. i'll have to say i went through aboot the last 100 pages.(after being referred by a mate) if not the whole thread on the day in pies long before i posted. just to get a feel of what the thread was about. the style of pics an what not. what you took photos of and roughly how it was done. if anything that gave me more of a boost to post, maybe leaving all the old stuff up will encourage new cunts to have a go... just a thought...