**1969 PHOTO HUNT THREAD**

jbrshmonster

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: **2010 PHOTO HUNT THREAD BITCHES**

I just left an electronis store looking at cameras. Was fuckin with some that had interchangable lenses. Shit looks pretty crisp. A lot of options, and specificly a few Canon models that make it really easy to understand/use the feature your exploring, on screen.

Which is nice, cause that was part of the intimidating factor of my camera. Unless you read the manual or have an understanding with cam's you really have no clue what they are/do. Like explaining what the "portrait" feature does, ie: concentrates on subects and burs out the background.

I like that. Makes it real user friendly. Imma dip over to best buy and see what's good with there selection.

I always said I'd fuck with only sony but I'm now reconsidering.

I'm not gonna bog this thread down with to much technical q&a but I have a few more and rather than re-p an old thread imma rattle em off in here and be done with em.

I fuck around with a Sony Hd dv video cam. That I have questions about aswell. Seems like the video quality always seems dull/grainy at times in low light situations. Ill post up when I get home and post a pic. I bought it used off ebay a year or two ago for like 2g, I know new it was quite a bit more. But I dunno if I'm satisfied with it.

Anyways ill post back inna lil while.

This is all you need to know, if you get an slr camera you have to do two things.

One, dont use any auto features until you have manual fully mastered and understood.

Two, every time you go out shooting read something new in the manual and learn how to use it.

As far as shooting full manual, that portrait mode and all the other auto setting are garbage.

It's like getting into graffiti but painting stencils of shitty graffiti founts you found on line.

Not to say auto isn't cool either but actually knowing how the shit works first makes things easier.

If you don't know the meaning behind the rules you'll never know how to break them and get a style that isn't fully generic.

Here are the basics of the technical side to taking pictures manually:

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7292798&postcount=14859

I want more people to take pics and will probably start a thread in untitled centered around more talking/questions.

The regular thread in there is more for people with skills to show work and beginners popping up in there is mad disruptive to the flow/quality.

Dope, werd em up. Good points. I'm in bestbuy now, looking at a canon rebel xs. Seems like a decent mid range(at least at chain electronics places) slr to fuck with. And actually there's a xsi or l not sure what it reads, which is the next one up marked down a hundread bucks on a return the guy just told me.

And yer right, auto shit is cheeseball for sure once you start opening doors with what youv got.

The font thing made alotta sense, and is something/one I don't wanna be. Tho, photography isn't a "passion" for me, it is a new avenue to contribute with from a completely amature semi outside perspective.

Ie: an old guy that walks around yards to look at graff 'n puts up monikers here and there for his own self and not to overstep his ground calling himself a writer.

How you gonna try to hate on Stans submission and talk about how much 'depth' your photos are gonna have and then admit youve never bothered to try anything on a camera except press the shutter button!?

:lol:

• Like 1

Umm, Stan is a friend. And I was teasing him being cocky sayin you gotta do better than that to defeat me. I'd say the same thing to Micheal phelps inna swimming contest and I don't even think I can wade inna lake you fuckin retard.

I also stated when I used the word "depth" that my photos will lack that.

Pretty sure all my previous posts point out pretty clearly I have no idea how to properly use a camera. My previous points were about whatever it was your gonna flick, not how yer gonna flick it.

If I wasn't on my phone right now this message would conclude with a strange looking mustached man with a latex glove pulled over his head while he inflates it with his nostrils.

I think you should roll with this one, due date april 26th. Youv got some momentum. From people doin it for the first time aswell as people amped to do it cause there hasn't been one inna while. Doesn't really matter to me, ill still get in on the next one but some may not. This way it'll be a big oneand prolly continue with peoples attention.

Either way I'm in tho.

Winner makes next one aswell as gets paid in tictacs. There has to be some prize for the winner. And I don't like doin nothin without a payoff in the end.

Whatever, whoever wins better not write some gay ass list consisting of find a penny pre WWII with a planet of the apes half burried statue of liberty with a crow shitting off the thrid crown horn or ill enter a list of different colored dog shit I find walking around the park.

haha, truth be told, this list was me being wasted as fuck and moving it over to ch0. it's definitely not the raddest list but if cats participate i bet it will be good. and it's not how hard the photos are to get, it's whoever interpreted it via photography the best. also, this is channel zero on twelve ounce.

do whatever the fuck you want

and lulz at the heritage mercer

To be honest, only noticed the due date after i had posted.

I got home after a bbq and realized i took most of them by accident during my week end.

Made a quick post and now COS is on a rampage writing novels at each post.

Slow down hommie! 1000+ post in a month..

The list is mad easy.

I will participate on the next one and respect the due date. Hopefully the list is more interesting.

No diss, no hate, love you all, no homo.