PHO - the best shit on Earth

Croupier

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh i don't think pronouncing it like FUH is really pronouncing it like a native. It's not spelled PHO. It's spelled Phở .

those little doo dads mean you pronounce it different. O has a few different pronunciations even in english.

if i pronounced DOG like doog you guys would talk shit right? yes you would...

pronouncing perro as pero is a whole fucking different word. so the fact that they try shows they are trying to pronounce a different word.

you guys suck at life.

Take it easy, hoser.

I'm all about proper pronunciation if I'm trying to learn the language and hook my accent up.

But, how many people outside of Vietnam know how to say Vietnamese words properly?

Do you stomp around pronouncing all words the way they are supposed to be pronounced in the country they originate from? I doubt it. Are you one of these people who change up their whole cadence of speech when they hit a random foreign word? If so, I hope you call Spain, Espana and Mexico, May-hee-co and so on down the line. :D

• Like 1

CT spots are pretty dope for pho..got one near the crib..... pho boston, place is pretty good i know theres better, but me and the owners cool so they treat me and my guests always good.....vietnamese food is much better than that american chinese shit everyone eats, havent touched that other shit in 5 years since i got turned on to pho................

I was just in NY right after xmas & I saw no less than 2 newish Pho joints on St. Marks Place. They looked more hipster than 'mom&pop', however... was w/my girl (who is vegetarian) so we didn't stop in. it was lunchtime on a Sunday(?), & they both seemed to have a decent amount of people in there eating, which is a good sign.

anyway, if you are going to seek out Pho & you are a Pho virgin, a good way to tell you're in a decent spot is the # of people in there eating & at least 75% should be Asian.

that's a good rule for any restaurant. If it's empty, leave.

• Like 1

Racha in Seattle is a Thai joint that has a Thai version of Pho that is quite good. That is a little fancier than most, a good rule of thumb in finding a good Pho spot in Seattle is the number of Mexicans in there, for whatever reason Mexicans love the Pho. Never tried "What the Pho?" in Bellevue but have always liked the name.

During the 80's, there was a huge influx of refugees from Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos. Providence's suburbs got a bunch of them.

Pho is the shit though, you need to figure out the right mix for yourself. It's all about the fixings man. Throw in the beef paste, sriracha, and hoisin sauce. It's all about the condiments man.

You don't gotta tell me, I'm from Smith Hill...my elementary school was like 75% Asian haha

Yeah, it's cool everyone likes it, I just don't. I put all the different shit in it too, at the direction of my Asian homie...like I said it didn't taste bad by any means, just not my steez