Do you like painting alone

Vapid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like painting with one other person. If they dont write they dont come along though. I dont need someone getting all excited like a fat kid with cake because i wrote my name on a fucking pole

Its always good to have someone scoping the laws and there to back you up when random fucks decide to get nosey or in your face!

my ass is so lazy I've been only going out with friends, alone is fine too after a few brews. Sober hell no.

Although I hate it when I finish whatever I'm working on, and one of my friends is still going at it. "come on hurry the fuck up or I'll call the cops on you"! Nah, but it can be quite stressfull if someone's slowing you down. So if I'm bombing I usually go out with someone who I know will be as paranoid as me, and won't spend hours painting something that could have been painted in 20 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a sketchbag when I'm painting alone.

I find myself even catching less tags alone, although thats probably because four eyes notice more spots then two.

I just like painting with others. I like talking quietly with people while doing it. It somehow keeps me concentrated, as odd as that sounds.

not all the time. but i prefer u paint alone. its helps u get in touch with yourself a devolop your own technique. instead of having some paranoid bitch in your ear or a bitchy homie that keeps saying HURRY UP! be a leader not a follower

personally, paintin alone has always been a last resort... its a security measure mostly, plus paintin with the boys is more enjoyable... the shit talkin, the whole seein weird ass shit at nite, and of course the "shit nigga the law hurry up!!!"

but if everyone else is busy... shit you gotta do what you gotta do

i paint alone alot cause to me it boils down to two things...the buff and the person...i've hit spots alone where shit has ran for a while or is still runnin ..and i've hit spots with people and everyone is so ready to hit shit that it just blows the spot and you know its not even gunna run a week...then the person..i have to know that if they get caught up, im not going to be snitched on.... too many toy crews, with WAY too many snitches.........this is also my opinion..grain of salt included!

• 1 month later...

I've gone mobbing with a couple of dumbheads who are poor lookouts and catch spots stupidly out in the open. I've only gone with a couple other writers who I can consider good lookouts. If you have a great lookout and know how to play things off, you'll just look like two normal people walking down the street.

As for doing it alone, I miss out on a lot more spots and am more paranoid, but whatever.