Do you like painting alone

Vapid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bombing I prefer it on my own, few beers and a smoke and just wander around. I love walking the tracks on my own as well, the quietness is just relaxing for me.

If I wanna do a piece I would rather be with at least one other person just because it is a longer process and prefer to chill have a smoke and chat while painting.

Doesn't matter though because I always ended up painting alone.

Depends on the spots I've chosen to hit. I actually do only pieces under over passes wall's, so they could be visible from down the high/freeway, and in order to do it I need my 2 buddies.

It also depends on the area, or how quite, noisy it is at your spot. But personally I prefer to do things with maximum me and my buddy.

Both ways are fun, but I find that goin out alone gives me some time to think, you know about life and shit...sounds kinda gay but i go into a state of mind when im out by myself thats fuckin unexplainable..i just relax and forget about all that shit in my life...but goin out with some real chill homies is fun as fuck too...but id rather be alone any day than have a shitty tagging partner

theres a dude in my city that always thinks it a f*cking race to be the best, he is the most annoying motherf*cker. He makes rumors and sh*t because he is still a jealous toy and can't handle being that low on the food chain..

Theres always a motherfucker like that...fuckin hate the people who think theyre the shit and they know everything but they really don't

• 2 weeks later...

i like alone more. That said there are some definite benefits with others.

If you are doing street spots sucks having to leave your car in the hood.

I remember one time I got back to my ride and people were parked behind

it. When i came up they took off so i got lucky. If the police roll up catch you

doing your thing and your car is nearby... well that kinda sucks too.

If you got people you catch walls with atleast you dont have to drive

every time. Plus safety in numbers and eyes and ears.

It all depends....something painting alone you feel less pressure to "1 up" the person your painting with, you know you always have to floss on them and such. Friendly competition...Plus you get to comfortable safety wise and forget that what your doing is illegal.

But also painting with someone can motivate you to paint harder or just as hard as your partner, can push you to better yourself....

I chose alone...Less pressure, and easier to watch my own back and not get in a comfort zone.

• 2 weeks later...

i hat writing with people who arent good. or are ahh, a bit too heavy to be nimble. i was writing with this kid and to get to the spot you had to shimmy up a drain pipe. it was over a little creek and the dumbass stops in the middle of it and starts fucking around cuz he cant get up, drops his phone in the water and precedes to flip shit and go home. dumbest thing i ever seen. he talked like he was hot shit too.

def alone.. only one out of me mates write which is gai but even then hes a fukn goose when it cums to graff soo he isnt really helpful...

I love painting alone.. don't got to worry about others.. Most of them are fat, lazy and old anyways. So I don't need to be worrying about people like that around me when I'm bombing. I bomb quite frequently too! I think if I had some truly reliable partners maybe I would think differently.

It all depends....something painting alone you feel less pressure to "1 up" the person your painting with, you know you always have to floss on them and such. Friendly competition...Plus you get to comfortable safety wise and forget that what your doing is illegal.

But also painting with someone can motivate you to paint harder or just as hard as your partner, can push you to better yourself....

I chose alone...Less pressure, and easier to watch my own back and not get in a comfort zone.

Well said.. Exactly the way I feel about it.. I hate depending on others too.. Most of them front alot!