TOOLS

watson

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

ok, lil thread hijack here.

anyone have lots of tools? certainly someone must

not much tool discussion on here but plenty of dudes.

i'll start with my favorite tools (wich i had some of these brands though)

DeWalt-14-4-v-Cordless-Circular-Saw16022.jpg

chainsaw are fuckin rad

12.jpg

but i wish i had a table saw

dewalt-table-saw.jpg

i've made some furniture but generally still suck at it

My two cents, I own a ton of tools and over the years I have gone with some of these ....

If you are going to buy a hammer, buy one of these (I have two, one framing 16oz and a 12oz finishing)

they are the best hammers in the world, light as a feather and made of Titanium

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS90TQ9WodHMbzUyUhGfPfakOnTC_OLHUmnE64fZrJWDsO99T1mXA

If you are going to buy a drill, buy a makita combo set giving you a 1/2 drill and an impact:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbbLIv9Yz7p2EJ0Cveh1LtE-oeM2Yi5VeEm_pBEo07mxkOiN34OA

I have had stihl and husquavarna. . . .I choose the husky now...love my chainsaw the 346 xp is a nice model:

FChainsaw346XP.jpg

you've got a rip saw just for the fun of it symbols?!?

i've got plenty... tools... being a carpenter an all...

i've got a makita gun similar to that one up there... but the chuck on it's fuckin' pish...

the bits keep falling out when you rest it by yir side.

i got a new fancy compact DeWalt with the hammer drill and lithu-ion battery... those batteries have their advantages, but they don't seem to keep their charge for too long... plus they're really fuckin' expensive to buy spares...

if you're gonna invest in a tool you think you're gonna use a lot of the time, go for hilti...

it's seriously worth spending the extra £100 or whatever it'll last for fuckin' years withoot any problems.

haha i wish. i have none of the tools pictured

what i DO have are hand-me-downs from my pops, an ancient circular saw, corded drill and jigsaw

i HAVE operated a chainsaw and cut down trees though so i feel i am qualified to say how much i love em. my arms were basically in full vibrate mode :haha:

i have some carpenter friends and i'm a bit jealous.. some of them turn out some amazing, and amazingly expensive, stuff.

i remember when cordless shit had no power and lasted for 3 minutes. ha.

cool hand thanks for the recommendations.

i have like 4 old hammers so i can't justify getting a new one since i'm not a roofer or some shit. but yeah, would love a makita drill.

the best hammer you will ever use will have a wooden shaft...

/nh

completely true statement...prevents excessive wear and tear on your elbow, which for me was huge...plus if you are forming or falseworking all day you tend to develop tennis elbow right quick.

C

Lol I actually DO have a drawer of spline sockets as well. About 5 more drawers of stuff I didn't flick.

However, I don't think I've ever used them except once for a few days while I was waiting on a new 12pt.

With what I do we rarely work with spline bolts, 99.99% six point heads.

--

Thanks,

Wish I could say I own this box but my company supplied me with it.

damn I just own the usual crap tools that someone has who does no DIY haha putting up flat pack furniture, or hanging a picture is about as technical as I get.

pisses me off I was never taught none of that shit when I was younger, if I had enough time I would love to learn a trade of some kind.

That is a nice snap on kit BNH...I have some nice Westward kit's, I keep one in my truck for fixing/adjusting and beat-fucking the odd road rager (breaker bar) NH.

I Keep a really nice plumbing jump kit with pex crimpers and all sorts of gadgets, I am not a plumber but I can soder, rough in and all that fun stuff...

Croc, ive only seen the Dorcy light before... what is that multi function torpedo level...looks cool

soldering is FUN. i learned how to do basic plumbing when my dad and i put a new bathroom in my house. definitely a good skill.

i also know basic electricity from running wire for a new outlet for a washer/dryer we installed. i shocked myself with 120 volts ooop. won't do that again.

sweet tool sets peeps. hopefully we'll get some more tool pron up in hurr

I fucking love tools.

That snap on set is baller ass.

I wish i could justify buying a whole bunch of stahlwille spanners and sockets, but i just wouldn't use them enough.

My favorite tools.

Fluke meter

R0132176-01.jpg

Wiha screwdrivers

Wiha-Insulated-Screwdriver-Sets-LSS-_i_LBM37358_01Z.jpg

Marvel pliers - Japanese make the best cutting implements IMO, their hand saws are beautiful

ma-880.gif

led lenser P7

P7.jpg

Panasonic cordless drill

41TxbQqcADL._SL500_.jpg

Laptop with extended battery + iphone with tethering

Dell-XPS-15-Price-500x348.jpg

Oh yeah and this bahco adjustable wrench is the shit too, its super slim for a shifter and has a wide jaw.

ada4cde4d89040b43b51f5d850b8702e82ab32d7.jpg

Thinking about purchasing this Makita Drill/Driver/Flashlight combo pack. The pack with the flashlight is the same price as the one without so why not.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202749025/h_d2/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&keyword=lct300w&jspStoreDir=hdus&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&navFlow=3&catalogId=10053&langId=-1&ddkey=Search

This rebate from Makita for a free battery.

http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/Promotions/FreeBatteryBareTool20110104/?PromoID=0

From Home Depot.

Home and Project use, not a professional carpenter or anything. Could get by with corded tools if I had to but feel like getting cordless for if I end up needing it later.

Thoughts?

i'm a carpenter... corded tools are pretty much all i use, apart from a battery gun...

but i'm fuckin' workin' in peoples houses 99.9% o' the time...

i think the battery powered jigsaws/snorters are only gonna come in handy if your oot and aboot walkin' all over the fuckin' place pretty often...

plus the price difference is enough to make me just go for the corded. lookin' for batteries aboot the back o my van half way through a job is just nae fuckin' use what so ever.

if you're set on gettin' battery powered tools though, check the charge time, and shop around to see if you can get the same tool with an extra battery or two. even if it's gonna cost you $50-$100 more, remember fuckin' time is fuckin' money...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd bump this with a few neat tools...

1/4 drive 'Reechet', perfect for when you need to use a ratchet but have no clearance to move the handle. Twisting the handle moves the drive. I only have 2 bolts I need this for, and only need to mess with them about once a year but this thing is an absolute life saver! I run it with a pneumatic ratchet.

02aafe92.jpg

a998369d.jpg

d9c10f3d.jpg

8e2dd2dd.jpg

Next a crowsfoot with an additional 'port'(?). May be common but I haven't seen any like this. Perfect for giving yourself a stubby 1 1/4" wrench for those tight spaces a long wrench can't work in.

60122c13.jpg

ea17cdb9.jpg

7dd7db01.jpg

Lastly, Adel Clamp pliers. I don't work with Adel Clamps very often at all but if you do, these will be your best buddy. I've seen them come as Vise-Grip as well but these are some Duckbill Pliers that another person modified.

6aa981de.jpg

e36bab01.jpg

(Adel Clamp)

782e6722.jpg