the future.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

Guest Ginger Bread Man

what will it look like?

think 50, 100, 500 years from now.

man has accomplished more in the last 200-300 years than its predecessors yet is so infinitely minute in comparison to the universe we live in.

it's next to impossible for me to think in terms of years or decades let alone centuries.

whats in store for your children? and their great grandchildren?

the pyramids as well as many other great monuments of man were constructed to be everlasting and to a degree they have as they have weathered hundreds if not thousands and perhaps the oldest date more than ten thousand<if civilization is as old as some say>years.

do you think the cheap plastics and more resilient metals will endure time the same way our forefathers intended these structures to last?

how long do you think our modern society will leave a markfor after we are gone? <all species of this planet have become extinct and as such so will we, if we place humanity on a long enough timeline>

please avoid your 2012 talk as there are already 2 threads i can think of which exist on said subject.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOre war, death, disease, greed, poverty, starving people, and over all horribleness. I mean look at the world now...it sucks and the people that run it suck even more. There will be no sanctuary futuristic life just war torn cities. I dont mean to sound like a no hope dick but...I mean look at all the crap that has happened in the past 150 years, sucks. Yeah people had wore and death back in olden times but I think over all people had better attitudes and values. Countries had war but yet there were long times that people went on in peace. Hell there was honor back in the day, things you wouldnt dare do, better loyalties. Look at the length of time starting the 1900s and you see nothing more than unbroken hate for different people, countries, races. Im gonna stop...ahha shit i didnt mean to rant.

On a related note, i'm currently at the Humanity+ Summit, getting my face sonned by talks about everything futurist and transhumanist, and meeting all sorts of crazy bright people with giant ambitions for humanity's future. It's been pretty rad so far, and it's being streamed live today and tomorrow:

http://techzulu.com/live.html

http://humanityplus.org

Back later with more info.

On a related note, i'm currently at the Humanity+ Summit, getting my face sonned by talks about everything futurist and transhumanist, and meeting all sorts of crazy bright people with giant ambitions for humanity's future. It's been pretty rad so far, and it's being streamed live today and tomorrow:

http://techzulu.com/live.html

http://humanityplus.org

Back later with more info.

1400 propz. Way better than my shit.

I'm thinking humans will live a whole lot longer due to stem cell research. I also think that cancer will be cured and overpopulation will happen.

Overpopulation will happen? Take a look around you man. Clearly the earth cannot even handle the 6.5 billion that we currently have. At least not the way it's going - too many assholes using up resources and emitting pollutants.

There are a lot of different studies on the subject, but most scientists agree that the optimum population level is at 2-3 billion.

I'm just mad that I won't be around long enough to see us living on Mars. (I'm guessing. ...Can't see that reasonably happening in the next 50 or so years.)

But then again, I'm glad I won't have to pay the long distance rates to call my relatives living there either.

100 years from now, I see us jumping around to other galaxies and mastering faster than light travel or teleportation/molecular disassembly-reassembly.

I would imagine by 500 years from now, we'd finally have some alien friends (and enemies?) out there in the Universe.

Did I just basically run through The last three Star Trek series? Yup. Think I did.

Overpopulation will happen? Take a look around you man. Clearly the earth cannot even handle the 6.5 billion that we currently have. At least not the way it's going - too many assholes using up resources and emitting pollutants.

There are a lot of different studies on the subject, but most scientists agree that the optimum population level is at 2-3 billion.

do you really believe the whole "Green movement"? we are not poluting the earth to the extent that we are being told. the ocean emits nearly 70% (or something like that) of the Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

also i believe that the future will be ust like that book "a brave new world" by alduos huxley. ust think about it.

and if youve never ead it then you should cuz its a great book. if youre into dystopian science fiction.

oh and bojangles your post just made me laugh.

wait if youre going at the speed of light and you turn on your headlights what would happen? wouldnt going at the speed of light make it so there is no light or would it be bright a fuck?

Humans will never be able to travel at the speed of light so we will eventually mount up to a bunch of corpses fertilizing the dead earth.

We are confined to the milky way galaxy, so we will probably never have the opportunity to find any source of alien life forms.

Even if we could travel at the speed of light it would take 50,000 years to reach the end of our own galaxy