FUCK ROCKBAND

yeaaaah baby

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Shit I don't understand is that people actually have serious debates, asking if a person that's real good at Rock Band/Guitar Hero, will they also be good at a real guitar. And in most cases, those "Guitar Hero" champions sucked when trying to strum a real guitar.

The Guitar Hero "guitar" is nothing but a controller with buttons that you play Simon Says with, that happens to be shaped like a guitar. The only thing it helps you with is maybe rhythm. At best, maybe Rock Band drums would be closer to the real thing, since the act of percussion is closely related. Still not the same though.

Yeah I have only played rock band with the drums (because that guitar shit is gay as hell)

and I testify as someone who use to play jazz set in high school, it's pretty much like playing the drums. Actually, it would be a good training tool to play real drums honestly

the only real difference is a lack of notation (which most drummers can't read anyways) and a lack of responsiveness of a real set-but it's pretty much exactly the same as playing a 2 Tom digital set with no s

cymbols... Actually is there a hi-hat?

So yeah, it's a lot like playing a scaled down set

I only like videogames with murder and gore or fast ass cars anyways

but chicks seem to like rock band stuff

I would play rock band with chicks over dance dance revolution tho

that's way gayer

and probably harder, I'm not gonna front when I was housesitting for my mom and I went thru all my lil sisters wii games I tried to play it after I beat the fuck out of Mario everything, and not only is the music gawdawfull and everything incredibly gay, I can't even comprehend that shit

Yes feel free to clown the fuck out of me for getting fucked up and even trying to do it for a whole 3 minutes

I deserve it, and all the E-shame that comes with it

I'm a grown ass man, I can take it

can i get an amen?

this game blows.

fools like it, i hate it.

this new beatles shit came out.... and i say all these fools who are "good" at rock band should learn a real instrument, instead of a plastic piece of shit.

venting on trivial shit right now.

but forreal rockband blows.

I have to agree.

I always said if can't teach me to play a guitar then wtf is the point....My nephew wanted me to play Guitar hero with him one day so I did and my opinion stayed the same.

When I was a kid we had a version of this game and it sucked...Anyone remember this piece of garbage?

simon_game_w.jpg

I play guitar

I play guitar hero

I play it cause its fun, end story

This.

And yeah I just bought an EBMM JPM 6 on Tuesday to add to my slowly growing collection of 'real' guitars. Its currently on its way over here from Canada, I can't wait to play that motherfucker. GH5 looks gay as fuck, not one virtuosic looking song on there, so I won't buy that shit.

I have to agree.

I always said if can't teach me to play a guitar then wtf is the point....My nephew wanted me to play Guitar hero with him one day so I did and my opinion stayed the same.

When I was a kid we had a version of this game and it sucked...Anyone remember this piece of garbage?

simon_game_w.jpg

yup. i can still hear the sounds it made lurking in my head.

As somebody who actually does play guitar, this game is great for teaching right hand technique and a sense of rhythm/timing.

The only thing this game doesn't teach you is chords and notation/theory, which most players don't even bother trying to learn.

I ain't mad at this game at all, it's exposing kids to lots of GOOD music, getting some of them into playing a real instrument, etc.

after playing guitar hero for years, i can use my pinky a hell of a lot better than i could before, ad like metronome (ha) said, it's great for timing, in real life i was getting caught up on parts of number of the beast (mainly the solo, and the small bridge between the two solos) and that shit straightened it right out. always good to have an iron maiden song in your inventory.