District 9

Tails0nE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, this movie was fucking amazing, my friend dragged me along, and previews make it look like it's going to be a wierd movie about the alien civilization, and nothing really happens, but it has a sick plot line, but you get like an hour into the movie before the real story even comes up.. the first hour is just basiclly the alien civilazation yada yada......... Anyway, this has to be the best movie I have seen in a long ass time. Probably my favorite movie now. GO WATCH IT.

I was told the people behind District 9 are going to be doing the HALO movie.

Peter Jackson had hired Neill Blomkamp to direct the Halo movie.

Test sets were made, props were built, stuff was designed. Movie fell through because of licensing issues between Bungie/Microsoft and the movie studios. Peter and Neill said fuck it, then made that series of hyper-real shorts to promote Halo 3 with all the stuff they'd prepared for the movie.

And then Peter Jackson were like "Fuck it, let's do our own movie about something else. And District 9 came out of that.

Neill Blomkamp has said he no longer wants to do Halo. However, Steven Spielberg recently expressed strong producing interest in a script he read based on the prequel novel.

• Like 1

^^^^ I agree that it COULD be epic, but like you said, it would have to be done right. I would just be worried that the people making it would make it all cheesy and shit ya know? But if someone could make it look good and not just make a complete failure, then I would hope to see someone do it.

wow i did not see that coming. i mean i thought someone might pull it out but i was sure it didnt exist.

and they should use the same people who did the cutscenes etc for halo they got it right if im right it was neill blomkamp and he did a great job they need to offer him cash and creative control.

this movie was AWESOME, I caught the late late showing of it earlier tonight. It made me want to watch everything on youtube that Neill Blomkamp has done.

I am still thinking about that shit hours later.

I noticed how all of the showings at Union Square in manhattan were sold out tonight, maybe we can expect a sequel? Hopefully...I won't throw any spoilers out there.

Fingers crossed for the Halo movie, although I think it would be best if Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp picked up where they left off. That sucks that he expressed a loss of interest, those youtube shorts are excellent