OFFICIAL NBA 2009-2010 THREAD....................

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict the Lebron/DWade signing in Miami followed by a sign and trade deal for Chris Bosh involving Michael Beasley. Then Ray Allen will sign with the Heat as well, and Mario Chalmers will have to get it together

No no no no no. Ray Allen is staying with Boston. Besides, what the fuck is Miami going to do with two shooting guards? Are you implying that Ray will be riding the bench behind Dwyane Wade? I don't thiiiiiiink sooooooooo.

So funny when people forget about size and position and want to see a starting line up with 5 power forwards.

Wade is definitely staying. I still don't see Ray staying in Boston, although there is a chance with Doc coming back now. I heard they were looking into grabbing Shaq too, which I think would be good.

If Ray goes to any other legit title contender he'll most likely be in a 6th man, specialty type role

So funny when people forget about size and position and want to see a starting line up with 5 power forwards.

remember....a players position can be negated by the remainder of the roster and more specifically the remaining 4 starters. and/or how they match up with the opposing team. most nba players can play multiple positions.

1. LeBron does not want to share the court with another spotlight like Wade

2. He won't want to go to chicago to try to fill the shoes of Michael Jordan, he would always be in his shadow. Thats way too much pressure

3. Why the fuck would he sign with the nets?! HA!

4. He would have to rebuild the knicks like he had to do the last seven seasons with the cavs

5. Cleveland fans would murder this dude for leaving

1. LeBron does not want to share the court with another spotlight like Wade

2. He won't want to go to chicago to try to fill the shoes of Michael Jordan, he would always be in his shadow. Thats way too much pressure

3. Why the fuck would he sign with the nets?! HA!

4. He would have to rebuild the knicks like he had to do the last seven seasons with the cavs

5. Cleveland fans would murder this dude for leaving

Agree.

remember....a players position can be negated by the remainder of the roster and more specifically the remaining 4 starters. and/or how they match up with the opposing team. most nba players can play multiple positions.

Correction, most players in the NBA CAN NOT play multiple positions. A swingman in the NBA is a rarity. Stop trying to act like you know what you are talking about. IF ONE MORE PERSON SAYS LEBRON ISN'T GOING TO CHICAGO BECAUSE HE WOULD BE IN MICHAEL JORDANS SHADOW I AM GOING TO GET REAL "YOU MAD". Thats not how this shit works morons. Pressure is not something that should keep an athlete from obtaining a goal. If Lebron is the athlete everyone says he is then he should be able to live up to the pressure and go win a championship with Chicago! All these new jacks like to talk shit about Jordan and say Lebron is better because he can rack up triple doubles and play numerous positions. Did everyone already forget how horribly Lebron played the in Eastern Conference Semis against Boston? It was almost as if he gave up. He didn't even try! THAT ISN'T VERY MICHAEL JORDAN ESQ.

One more thing, Jordan won all his championships with Scottie Pippen. I bet a lot of you can't even name the point guards that helped them win those championships. Dennis Rodman had tons of bad games and all he did was rebound. Basically, those six rings Jordan racked up were all him and Scottie. If Lebron needs Chris Bosh and D wade to help him get a ring i find that pretty weak. Most NBA champions throughout history have only needed one other guy to help them get to a championship. However entertaining it would be to see all those three superstars play there.

Lebron can't handle being run out in the playoffs or getting dunked on by a high school kid.

Dude would freak out in Chi hearing the negative comparisons versus Jordan.

detroit red sounds stupid.

it's common for the guards to be able to switch off and maybe the SG and a SF.

its rare for a player like a lamar odom or a magic johnson to be able to play all 5 spots even if for a for minutes.

• Like 1

Correction, most players in the NBA CAN NOT play multiple positions. A swingman in the NBA is a rarity. Stop trying to act like you know what you are talking about. IF ONE MORE PERSON SAYS LEBRON ISN'T GOING TO CHICAGO BECAUSE HE WOULD BE IN MICHAEL JORDANS SHADOW I AM GOING TO GET REAL "YOU MAD". Thats not how this shit works morons. Pressure is not something that should keep an athlete from obtaining a goal. If Lebron is the athlete everyone says he is then he should be able to live up to the pressure and go win a championship with Chicago! All these new jacks like to talk shit about Jordan and say Lebron is better because he can rack up triple doubles and play numerous positions. Did everyone already forget how horribly Lebron played the in Eastern Conference Semis against Boston? It was almost as if he gave up. He didn't even try! THAT ISN'T VERY MICHAEL JORDAN ESQ.

One more thing, Jordan won all his championships with Scottie Pippen. I bet a lot of you can't even name the point guards that helped them win those championships. Dennis Rodman had tons of bad games and all he did was rebound. Basically, those six rings Jordan racked up were all him and Scottie. If Lebron needs Chris Bosh and D wade to help him get a ring i find that pretty weak. Most NBA champions throughout history have only needed one other guy to help them get to a championship. However entertaining it would be to see all those three superstars play there.

considering the current players in the nba? yes. you are right. however, in the last 15 years or so there have been plenty of nba players who could have played multiple positions. a swingman in the nba is not rare. there have always been players who qualify as a swingman,,, more common from the 90's til now.

p.s. i do know what im talking about.....from personal experience. not in the nba..but on many other levels.

other than that...i agree with 95% of what you are saying aobut lebron and the remainder of you post.

-craig hodges

-john paxson

-bj armstrong

dont forget ...

-rory sparrow

hahaha

Lebron can't handle being run out in the playoffs or getting dunked on by a high school kid.

Dude would freak out in Chi hearing the negative comparisons versus Jordan.

detroit red sounds stupid.

it's common for the guards to be able to switch off and maybe the SG and a SF.

its rare for a player like a lamar odom or a magic johnson to be able to play all 5 spots even if for a for minutes.

i never said all 5 positions.

not to mention i included a few conditions to that statement of dudes playing multiple positions ;buster.

-lamar odom

-magic johnson

-jalen rose

-kevin durant

are all examples of people who can run the point and post up if need be.

Lets also not forget that Boston is arguably the most successful, and talked about franchise in NBA history. Not to mention the huge list of superstars that have played there. You didn't see Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett shivering from the pressure of living up to all their predecessors back in 2007-2008. They bossed up, shook off the haters, sucked up the pressure, AND WENT AND GOT A FUCKING RING. Where ever Lebron goes next year, if he can't do the same thing, i say fuck him. He will become the biggest disappointment to ever play the game.

If lebron couldn't do it with this years cavs roster what makes you think he can with the bulls???

Drew golden just won the fucking lottery that kinda money for a garbage player like him is fkn ridiculous , darko too.... Why play with heart when you can be mediocre at best and get contracts like that!!!!!