OFFICIAL NBA 2009-2010 THREAD....................

Poesia [ ] T

*this will change in a year or two.

The Lakers are already more successful with more wins, a higher winning percentage, more playoff appearances, more Finals appearances, etc etc. The only reason people say the Celtics are better are the titles, most of which were won when everyone in the league was 6'1 and white.

I can't wait til next year when the Lakers have the same amount of titles, and Celtics fans might finally shut up

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lakers are already more successful with more wins, a higher winning percentage, more playoff appearances, more Finals appearances, etc etc. The only reason people say the Celtics are better are the titles, most of which were won when everyone in the league was 6'1 and white.

I can't wait til next year when the Lakers have the same amount of titles, and Celtics fans might finally shut up

There's no doubt that the Lakers are by far the most celebrated NBA team nationwide & worldwide, and have been for the past 10+ years. With the largest fan base. Laker games get the highest TV ratings. Even during the slump (2004-2007), one of those years the Lakers not making the playoffs, the Lakers were the most watched.

The only thing the Celtics have above the Lakers is that 1 extra title, but like you said fans today aren't gauging that by some titles won long ago in another era.

Farmers gone for sure even before this signing.

I just hope this doesent affect our chances of signing Shannon knowing blakes gonna get dome o his minutes rather than looking at farmers departure as an opportunity for more playing time. They're asking fish to take a pay cut knowing he wants to stay/ they have to sign fish or LA fans will be pissed. Shannon said he wanted to stay but I'm thinking it might end up like artest/ariza where ariza was like WTF they just signed dude at my position so I guess I'm gone type deal.

This will never happen. That fact that The Celtics have won more Championships in less wins makes them a better franchise percentage wise. Or do you need to retake 4rth grade math?

Besides, fans today are not doing math in their heads to figure out which team "won more championships in less wins" starting in the 1940's to see whether they like the Lakers or Celtics more.

If you look at recent times that are relevant (last decade), the Lakers have 5 championships to the Celtics 1. And the whole Kobe, Shaq, Phil, Hollywood thing, and the history/legacy thing is thrown in there.

The Lakers are to basketball what the Cowboys are to football & the Yankees are to baseball & the Red Wings or Maple Leafs are to hockey.

I said a higher winning percentage in the NBA Finals? Word?

Need to retake 4th grade reading?

Listen asshole, If i wanted to argue with a 13 year old kid about basketball i would go down to the local high school and instigate.

CELTICS FINALS WIN PERCENTAGE is .810

LAKERS FINALS WIN PERCENTAGE is .548

Besides, fans today are not doing math in their heads to figure out which team "won more championships in less wins" starting in the 1940's to see whether they like the Lakers or Celtics more.

If you look at recent times that are relevant (last decade), the Lakers have 5 championships to the Celtics 1. And the whole Kobe, Shaq, Phil, Hollywood thing, and the history/legacy thing is thrown in there.

The Lakers are to basketball what the Cowboys are to football & the Yankees are to baseball & the Red Wings or Maple Leafs are to hockey.

Listen ultra asshole. I am tired of idiots using the Hollywood excuse on why a team nowadays that runs the spot light is a more relevant champion than one of the preceding days. So are you telling me that the Bill Russell era of basketball meant nothing and is old news? An 8 time in 8 year champion means nothing? It was years and years ago but it was still the NBA and has the ripest rivalry of Celtics Lakers finals this sport has ever seen. So because The Lakers lost their first 8 meetings against The Celtics in the finals, our first 8 rings are considered unimportant? Because Jerry west is the logo of the FUCKING NBA TODAY and couldn't beat The Celtics in the finals once in his god damned career, that feeds no fire in to this rivalry? in the Kobe Bryant era of over paid athletes and shitty foul calls, you are telling me that the first 70 some odd years of pure, aggressively played basketball didn't count because the first wave of champions are older than out parents? Only a jealous ass Lakers fan that is desperate at making a glimpse of an excuse why The Lakers are a better franchise would ever dare using excuses like you just did. Take your Hollywood excuses and shrivel in the embarrassment of our 17 rings and higher NBA Finals win percentage you ignorant asshole.

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO FANS ROUTE FOR. UNTIL THE LAKERS GET THEIR FINALS WIN PERCENTAGE UP AND CATCH OUR 17 RINGS, YOU CAN BITCH AND MOAN ALL YOU WANT ABOUT HOW BOSTON FANS RUN THEIR MOUTHS AND TALK SHIT. IT IS BECAUSE THE CELTICS AS A FRANCHISE ARE BETTER THAN THE LAKERS, PERIOD.

Listen ultra asshole. I am tired of idiots using the Hollywood excuse on why a team nowadays that runs the spot light is a more relevant champion than one of the preceding days. So are you telling me that the Bill Russell era of basketball meant nothing and is old news?

LOL @ "ultra asshole". You're mad at the truth.

I'm telling you the facts. The Lakers have the highest TV ratings of any NBA team and the largest fan base. And Kobe Bryant has the top-selling NBA jersey worldwide. Don't get mad at me -- honestly I couldn't care less if the Lakers were the most celebrated team or least, I'd root for them regardless.

And the fact is, these fans (bandwagon or not) are not calculating in their minds statistical mathematics before determining which team to root for. They're not counting championships. If the fans were, then the Celtics would be the most watched team!

An 8 time in 8 year champion means nothing? It was years and years ago but it was still the NBA and has the ripest rivalry of Celtics Lakers finals this sport has ever seen. So because The Lakers lost their first 8 meetings against The Celtics in the finals, our first 8 rings are considered unimportant? Because Jerry west is the logo of the FUCKING NBA TODAY and couldn't beat The Celtics in the finals once in his god damned career, that feeds no fire in to this rivalry?

Again, I never said any of this was unimportant. I'm talking about fans in general, and why the Lakers are the most fancied team... and that these fans today did not calculate statistics from 40 years ago to figure out whether they should root for the Lakers or not. No one thinks like that, unless you're like that dude from the "Beautiful Mind" movie.

in the Kobe Bryant era of over paid athletes and shitty foul calls, you are telling me that the first 70 some odd years of pure, aggressively played basketball didn't count because the first wave of champions are older than out parents? Only a jealous ass Lakers fan that is desperate at making a glimpse of an excuse why The Lakers are a better franchise would ever dare using excuses like you just did. Take your Hollywood excuses and shrivel in the embarrassment of our 17 rings and higher NBA Finals win percentage you ignorant asshole.

You're mad as hell. I didn't say the Lakers were a "better franchise", because that is open to opinion. But I did say the Lakers are more celebrated *today* than any other team. And that's based on jersey/memorabilia sales, TV ratings, attendance at opposing arenas, polls I've seen on NBA.com, etc. Again, you're clinging on to those irrelevant stats because you have nothing else to cling on to -- since this years Finals didn't go the way you wanted to. And the Celtics are going to have to go in to a rebuilding process again. They're done.

UNTIL THE LAKERS GET THEIR FINALS WIN PERCENTAGE UP

Trust me, no one cares about this. I couldn't care less about "percentage of Finals wins in NBA history". The only people that care about it are angry sour grapes Celtics fans like yourself that are upset about the 2010 Finals, and have nothing else to grasp on to.

Angry Celtics fan is angry :lol:

Keep hanging onto that ONE more title as the reason the Celtics are better, that shit must really keep you warm at night huh? The Lakers are a better franchise in every other way possible, and in two years will have more titles too...enjoy it while you can

The celtics got a majority of their rings in th ebill russel eram including against the Lakers. Not taking anything away fromn that i mean that run was amazing. But the Lakers are the most consistently great team in the NBA. I don't have the stat burned into my brain but I think you could count the times the Lakers have missed the playoffs since coming to LA on one hand. The celtics have had some bad spells. Until a few years ago when they picked up Garnett they stunk. Remember the walker/pierce celts?

The Lakers have won at least 1 championship almost every decade.

As for the future like swamp said the

Lakers will get more rings and overtake the celtic lead in championships soon. In couple years when garnett and pierce are old and suck and only have rondo you better get used to 20+ years of rebuilding just like post bird 80's, 90's and most of the 00's.

LOL Get mad.

• Like 1

By the way, I missed this

Listen asshole, If i wanted to argue with a 13 year old kid about basketball i would go down to the local high school and instigate.

LOL. I'm a grown ass man that would smack taste out your face, keep that in mind when making cute comments and getting overly UMAD on the interweb.

/No internet tough guy

If lebron leaves the franchise they have built around him to get a ring I have no respect for him what so ever... Jordan didn't neither did Kobe... If he wants to be mentioned in the same league as these guys he has to work with what he's got a make something of it

If lebron leaves the franchise they have built around him to get a ring I have no respect for him what so ever... Jordan didn't neither did Kobe... If he wants to be mentioned in the same league as these guys he has to work with what he's got a make something of it

I couldn't agree with you more. Honestly, i never thought of it like this. I hope The Cavaliers organization uses this in the pitch to keep Lebron in Cleveland.