Sci-Fi

IOU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of these newerish series start out on outrageous and can only go bad from there. I've been watching Super Natural and like how they took time to build the story/plot up. At least for a show of that type. I've tried Dexter, Weeds, Breaking Bad and just got disappointed.

I agree about the Weeds. Originally when it was more 'realistic' it was a great watch and well done. Then BOOM! Straight over the top. It is a show, but they did it right in the beginning.

Californication is a show I'll still watch.

• 9 months later...

Shit forgot bout this thread.

Been reading some good good ass shit shit

I can not recommend this compilation hard enough

20thcenturyghoststpbkfull.jpg

a quick film adaptation of one of the short stories called Pop Art http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSSDFZCHgTI I could only find one with spanish subtitles

Broken record but this guy is one of the best writers Ive come across.

• Like 1

I scanned the thread but didn't see any Jules Verne.

journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-book.jpg

twenty-thousand-leagues-under-the-s.jpg

2233-1.jpg

Themysteriousisland.jpg

All bad movies and tv shows aside, these books are simply amazing. If you have any interest in natural sciences, especially geology and biology, you can see how accurate he is even today though he lived over 100 years ago.

One of the reasons why I want to learn French is so I can read his untranslated work.

Good stuff System. Putting that cat down on my NEXT list.

Jules is the man. Can't believe he wasn't mentioned. I dig the old movies they did of his work, mostly because I grew up on them. But his books are a great fucking read.

BTW: Really liking the Pattern Recognition.

No problem man always happy to share shit. Me and my boys been doin a round robin exchange shit with books and music for a bit now. Fun stuff.

Here's another strong recommendation. This was originally released as a three part chronicle but you can now purchase it all three condensed in a big softcover. Or if you're like me nerd out and waste money for the hardcover edition.

This has it all probably my favorite work of science fiction ever.

c7877.jpg

@Lew: Yeah that scene fucked my shit up. Haha..

@vhar: I'm sure it was canceled, shows like that are best left to basic cable to be honest. I watched once or twice and wasn't impressed.

Anyone here watch Eureka?

I love that show, but need to do a marathon session to really get back on track.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My inner geek has been let loose. Falling Skies(what the new V series should have been) and now watching Terra Nova which is Land of the Lost meets Jurassic Park without the money to back it. Yes nerd.

Almost finish with Heavy Weather which caught me by surprise. Where my nerds at?

do yourself a favor and never watch this movie...

231281b46dassaultgirls.jpg

the history of Assault Girls can be traced back to 2006, when Oshii directed a film called The Amazing Lives of the Fast Food Grifters. This animation feature was considered too obscure for wider international distribution. In Japan, however, it spun a 25 minute live action spin off The Women of Fast Food (2006), which was followed by feature length sequel Shin onna tachiguishi retsuden (2007). It was in this episode film that Assault Girl made her debut. The sci-fi story followed a female warrior, Colonel (Hinako Saeki), fighting gigantic snake creatures on a deserted planet. Assault Girl 2 was released next year as a part of the episode film Kill. Unrelated to the original and leaning more towards art house than action, Assault Girl 2 depicted the symbolic fight between the archangels Michael (Yoko Fujita) Lucifer (Rinko Kikuchi). A feature length extension of the concept, Assault Girls is a combination of its predecessors, as well as Oshii’s 2001 movie Avalon.

i was disappoint