Sci-Fi

IOU

Totally forgot about the Warhammer 40K books. These ones were fantastic reads, good mixture of carnage and character development

30166772.jpg

this whole series is really dope, there are a few books that aren't as well written as the others, but they are all really in depth and cool. I think legion was my favorite.

legion.jpg

Titanicus is quite sick as well

TitanicusBook.jpg?t=1245195507

Warhammer 40K has great looking figures and vehicle models too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, so im thinking about getting into scifi. i like how the books arent 8million pages thick (adhdoner). my dad had a HUGE collection of Asimov's works but i was like 10 so i read half a page and threw it across the room and never looked at them again. now they belong to some guy on the internet.

any good recommendations to get started? im not looking for a whole series. just something small that i can start with... and if it helps, HG Wells was one of my favorite authors

yea, so im thinking about getting into scifi. i like how the books arent 8million pages thick (adhdoner). my dad had a HUGE collection of Asimov's works but i was like 10 so i read half a page and threw it across the room and never looked at them again. now they belong to some guy on the internet.

any good recommendations to get started? im not looking for a whole series. just something small that i can start with... and if it helps, HG Wells was one of my favorite authors

Go back and read up on what you would have grown up with if that makes sense.

Check dudes that are on here.

Cyberpunk would be a good place to start. You'll be able to relate to what they were writing about, since some of the ideas they had have finally come to fruition.

Go back and read up on what you would have grown up with if that makes sense.

Check dudes that are on here.

Cyberpunk would be a good place to start. You'll be able to relate to what they were writing about, since some of the ideas they had have finally come to fruition.

you mean start reading asimov? i think il make a trip to the used bookstore sometime and see what they have in the way of old classics

Acer you have a library card? It would be your best bet because the librarian can give you some ideas and if you don't like the book you can just return it and get a new book.

you mean start reading asimov? i think il make a trip to the used bookstore sometime and see what they have in the way of old classics

No, I mean authors of your time. A lot of what they were writing about during then would make more sense these days since a lot of it is true. At least that has been my expeirence with a lot of cyberpunk I've read.

You might want to check Jack Womack.. Dude was on some other shit. A lot of economics in his novels as well as the worship of Elvis and a lean towards ultra violence. I do believe William Gibson was/is a huge fan.

I'm gonna bust out my inner geek on y'all right now.

Anything science fiction related can get dumped in here. Cyber type punk movies, books, magazines and collectibles and so on.

So currently I'm still reading:

6a00c2251d3be0604a00c2251d71238fdb-500pi

Totally digging on this right now. Interesting how some things mentioned in here are now a reality of sorts.. Good read though.

randomactsofsenselessviolence.jpg

One of my favorite authors and book. More of a cyber punk type deal though, but very good. He also wrote a trilogy which was real good. Ultra violence and the worshiping of Elvis is nothing but win.

Parable-of-the-Sower-763494.jpg

Good book and good author.

34985mr.jpg

The first Terminator was dope.

existenz-dvd1.jpg

Good stuff right here...

So yeah.. That's it for now..

dude you're a faggot but neal stephenson is sick. im almost positive i sent you snow crash which is actually the book that inspired second life...

but his whole 3 book series on the 16-1700s was so good it's crazy. and his new book Anathem is dumb ass good...

seriously... so good

if anyone said douglas adams then they are right... if they didn't. then douglas adams is the king of humorous sci fi... and if you don't read books by him then you're not getting a 90 percent of nerd jokes being said by smart people right now... (aka:anything with the numbers 42.. smart knows.. so does casek)

. . . if anyone said douglas adams then they are right... if they didn't. then douglas adams is the king of humorous sci fi... and if you don't read books by him then you're not getting a 90 percent of nerd jokes being said by smart people right now... (aka:anything with the numbers 42.. smart knows.. so does casek)

9780718155148h.jpg

DontPanic.jpg

Acer you have a library card? It would be your best bet because the librarian can give you some ideas and if you don't like the book you can just return it and get a new book.

thats the thing, my mom jacked my library card and got a book but lost it. now i have like 70 dollars in outstanding fees on my card. and im not going to pay it. but what do you need to get a library card? because im down there alot and i hate fighting for seats with the hobos because i have to stay in there to read whatever i get.

No, I mean authors of your time. A lot of what they were writing about during then would make more sense these days since a lot of it is true. At least that has been my expeirence with a lot of cyberpunk I've read.

You might want to check Jack Womack.. Dude was on some other shit. A lot of economics in his novels as well as the worship of Elvis and a lean towards ultra violence. I do believe William Gibson was/is a huge fan.

I dont know if i want to do that, ive never been a fan of any book written in my time period other then i think the golden compass series. (im not sure when they were written) I grew up reading the unabridged classics (gullivers travels, robin hood, those sorta books) and I like the way you can look back and think about what was going on back then to make them write the things they did, its like a mystery inside a book for me. if that makes any sense...