What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8 hours ago, IrishCarBombs said:

Currently reading The Acid House by Welsh on my daily train commutes, I was not expecting the spelling of words in the terrible accent.

aye ets fookin' barry aye ya wee gadge!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Seems a good many of you are listening to books versus reading them. Just curious if you are using the Audible platform / service for that? I have a membership but finding it kinda pricey at $15 or so a month, which gets you one credit, good for one book. 

I use the shit out of prime and though similar in that you get a bunch of free options in addition to paid ones, seems the free ones on audible kinda suck. 

Anyhow, just curious. 

10 hours ago, misteraven said:

Seems a good many of you are listening to books versus reading them. Just curious if you are using the Audible platform / service for that? I have a membership but finding it kinda pricey at $15 or so a month, which gets you one credit, good for one book. 

I use the shit out of prime and though similar in that you get a bunch of free options in addition to paid ones, seems the free ones on audible kinda suck. 

Anyhow, just curious. 

I listen to audio books on occasion but I prefer to read. I like doing memoirs or non fiction in audio book form. If you have a Spotify account, they have a bunch of audiobooks included in premium service.

Listening to this currently:

image.jpeg.6b7145ac8238287d6ed11253f3fa4b00.jpeg

Edited by Dark_Knight
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

That has been on my list for a while 

Same. It’s like $250 to purchase. I recently thought to look it up on Spotify and sure enough they have it. Probably the only way I’ll be able to consume it considering I’ll never spend $250 on a book that’s like 100 pages. I’m digging it so far tho. I love yukio mishima’s work in general.

1 hour ago, Dark_Knight said:

I listen to audio books on occasion but I prefer to read. I like doing memoirs or non fiction in audio book form. If you have a Spotify account, they have a bunch of audiobooks included in premium service.

oh damn…. I’m super stingy with my Audible credits but have Spotify premium. Never realized they had book on there and they happened to have the one I just shared, along with another that’s been on my list. Downloaded both. Thanks for the heads up!

IMG_5753.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, misteraven said:

Anyhow, just curious. 

I use Audible but since I read lots of zombie/ post apocalyptic stuff I tend to buy collected editions so it's like 4 books for one credit.

Books in Australia are pricey so $16.95 a month is cheap.

never really thought much about spotifiy but my son listens to wimpy kid books sometime.

also if you search audiobooks on youtube sometimes you can find some gold.

1 minute ago, Schnitzel said:

I use Audible but since I read lots of zombie/ post apocalyptic stuff I tend to buy collected editions so it's like 4 books for one credit.

Books in Australia are pricey so $16.95 a month is cheap.

never really thought much about spotifiy but my son listens to wimpy kid books sometime.

also if you search audiobooks on youtube sometimes you can find some gold.

oh damn dude, maybe we should start a book club? Zombie / PA / SHTF books are my thing. Especially the poorly edited, straight to Kindle fan fiction ones. Those feel like a purer expression of a concept in my opinion. Kinda like seeing the sketches and under painting studies for an oil painting. 

My current Kindle library LOL…

IMG_5754.png

• Props 1

Just now, Schnitzel said:

I am struggling to get through this in book form

I bought the whole trilogy for $18.00 at the second hand bookshop

image.png.eaccbb8d6838b4b80db5b82e63812591.png

Haven’t read that one. Wish I could remember the series I recently finished. Feel like I’ve read most the Amazon books in this genre so they start to blur together. Definitely a big fan of all the Dirk Patton series as well as all the Zombie Road books. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

yo why does it have to be some fucking limey reading the shit - goddamn. at least get a japanese homie, i feel like that is pretty reasonable. 

not loose wizard at all 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

Just finished, CORPORATE ROCK SUCKS, The Rise & Fall Of SST RECORDS by Jim Ruland.
Non-Fiction
Extremely detailed history of SST Records.

image.jpeg.357ff016cb9f9bbda0cbaca0d50efb45.jpeg

image.jpeg.6c51a7ebe29d7de38f66a5a4ec2b1a9f.jpeg

Seems to be a final installment of a trilogy. Now I need to pick up, My Damage - Keith Morris and Do What You Want - Bad Religion