For The Goonies Dorks

dowmagik

Like any true American, I was a big fan of the movie, The Goonies when I was growing up, hell, I still dig it. Cruising the internets a while ago, I found a website that had the address of all the spots they filmed it at in Astoria. Astoria is a small town on the northern Oregon coast. Short Circuit, Kindergarten Cop, Ninja Turtles 3, and some other flicks were filmed here...

The old lady and I took a trip to the coast to peep out the spots...

View from the balcony of the hotel we stayed at

363187664.jpg

Now for the Goonie goods...

Jail where dude broke out...

moviepic001.jpg

363187661.jpg

Sign at the base of the driveway that leads to Mikey's house

363187662.jpg

Mikey's house

moviepic024.jpg

moviepic016.jpg

363188185.jpg

Data's house

moviepic020.jpg

moviepic019.jpg

363187724.jpg

Museum that Mikey's dad worked at, the go whizzing past it on their bikes...

363187666.jpg

Intersection that Rosalita has the cars zip by her

moviepic037.jpg

363187665.jpg

Loooong line we drove past on the way home

363187721.jpg

Could have posted in the flicks of your day thread, but I figured some of you might get a kick out of it anyways...

• Like 5

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just passed through Astoria a few weekes ago, kicked it at Seaside for the day. My girl said last time she went to the Goonies house they had signs up telling people to stay off their lawn and not take pictures, looks like they mellowed out a bit.

I love the northwest

I just passed through Astoria a few weekes ago, kicked it at Seaside for the day. My girl said last time she went to the Goonies house they had signs up telling people to stay off their lawn and not take pictures, looks like they mellowed out a bit.

I love the northwest

We stayed in Seaside, I hadn't been there is many moons, its a pretty fun little town.

haha props for posing with an umbrella :lol:

Heres the link to the addresses - http://www.cinema-astoria.com/cinematography/filminglocation/locations/thegoonies/index.html

I told wifey to bring an umbrella, I should have told her i wanted to pose with it, cause when I opened the trunk to snag it, she brought her fucking pink and white dooney and bourke umbrella. I probably looked like the world's biggest faggot to the cars driving by.

Good stuff Dow.

Goonies fan for life right here. When I was with Suki in the Haight, there was store that was everything Goonies. A whole store dedicated. I have no idea why I didn't take flicks. I just stood there tripping out on it.

Was a big part of my childhood. Nice flicks.

..anyone else ever try creating all the shit that data used? I remember spending ages trying to attach string to a rubber dart gun. failed every effort but I swear I tried it like a million times.