The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let most of what you just said slide, because you haven't been here for a long time.

A couple of points though, because it's 520am and I'm bored, the part about Colonial knowing what they're doing... apart from owning the Royal, their distribution is essentially zero and the beer has gone downhill ever since the sell out.

The IBS is NOT indicative of what beer costs, they are the most inflated prices known to man, I haven't been back in nearly two years since my eyes opened to how hard they were ripping me off - often for stale beer. I know exactly what the Leg charges wholesale and they've never even done a 4pk, it would have been the IBS repacking into generic 4's and jacking up the price. If I was a bottle shop, I could make acceptable margin selling it at $70/ctn.

This is still the highest traffic tourist destination in the state, and the people that are here, are generally here to taste things and spend money. It's as much a personal lifestyle choice as a business decision. Sure, I'd sell a shit load more beer if I lived in Perth, but... then I'd be living in Perth - yo?

fair call,i retract what i said about IBS, even i know they're overpriced, still--i was more trying to point out transport costs more than anything, they happened to be an example. for a consumer base, i dont think tourists would be the ideal target as they're far less likely to be repeat customers of a local micro, city is where its at although as you said, its also a personal decision. i wouldnt like the thought of people enjoying my beers once and then forgetting about it. with only having a surface knowledge of LC, i think they have a pretty ideal model.

and im not defending the quality of colonial, they suck dick nowadays, they used to be seriously good around 07-08 but their output covers the raffles, the royal and their brewpub which i think is pretty decent for its size. raffles in itself would has a huge turnover.

That's exactly how I do it!

also, i should be receiving an oak aged weed stout in the near future.

friend who brews and is in a phd chemistry program made some tincture and put a bit into a beer he made. he said it gives a great body high.

i can't wait. I will report back soon.

I figure that if i am going to spend money and drink decent beer at a bar, I might as well get t-shirts and other shit for it. The one I go to regularly is right down the street from my work and is more of a bar, then a restaurant. Makes it easy for me.

I am about to complete my 3rd tour.

If you are going to drink, at least have a goal. Mine happens to be completing my tours.

Just dropping this here, so you guys know why I'm such a whiney bitch when it comes to beer pricing;

http://www.barwhiz.com/blog/99-bottles-of-beer-prices-of-the-world/

'Straya gets raped, yo.

bullshit, there is no fucking way greece is more expensive than uk, and saudi arabia is a muslim country just like qatar yet one is the most expensive in the world and the other is the 95th...you buy alcohol on the black market in non-republic muslim countries for shitloads of money.

methinks that article is bullshit.