The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really shit on sam adams because I've only ever had their octoberfest..oh and the cherry wheat which was so very awful. Brooklyn brewery came through again with their octoberfest. had the smuttynose pumpkin ale yesterday which I didn't care for at all. I'm told that pumpkin stouts are what i should look for, yes?

had some Raison de etre and empire IPA last night which were delicious as usual.

i dont exactly hate dogfish head but everytime I see a new bomber its always some sort of fruit concoction.

so im beginning to think theyre crap. who the fuck drinks that swill?

i havent had every single pumpkin beer out there and im not a big fan but i like their version. 11% alcohol cant beat that.

sam adams is terrible not because they are big its because theyre awful.

buy a case of good beer a week then try and drink that shit. come back to me on how much you like them still.

sam adams is terrible not because they are big its because theyre awful.

buy a case of good beer a week then try and drink that shit. come back to me on how much you like them still.

I never buy Sam Adams (sometimes I drink their winter brew during the holidays), I'm just stirring up shit in the beer thread because I'm unemployed and grumpy.

yeah i hear ya. I'm on a budget as well and i either quit drinking altogether or i buy cases of sierra nevada or Brooklyn brewery ipa.

what do you guys drink when you go to a shitty bar that only serves mainstream beer?

usually due to the mexican population in my area i'm able to get modelo which i don't mind.

i noticed the lower alcohol beers like say a miller lite give me a headache instanly. its like my brain is saying where's the alcohol? my stomach is saying whats this piss?

it might mean i'm not drinking that night, or it might mean its a liquor night and i'm blacking out.

usually it means not drinking though.

if its a sushi place i'll drink kirin or asahi even though they're boring, and if its mexican i don't hate negro modelo or pacifico if the food is good.

ha that funny because i'm the same way. if i have to go hard liquor i go for scotch bourbon or cognac and mos places that suck only have jack daniels. i can finish a bottlle of xo cognac in a sitting i dont want to drink no garbage so i have a headache the next day. high nosed liquor drinkers unite!!

I'm going to Breuery Provisions for a sour tasting tomorrow.

Pics will come.

Damn, I happened to be near and went twice to their sour week.

Their opening flight on Monday was:

Ballast Point, Sour Wench

Cantillon, Rose De Gambrinus

Drie Fonteinen, Kreik

The Brewery, Wanderer

Lost Abbey, Framboise De Amorosa

Their closing flight on Sunday was all Berliner Weisse. I didn't keep the list, so I can't name them.

I'm somewhat addicted to their Tart of Darkness, Mother Funker and also a sour from another brewery: Petrus, Aged Pale