The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't drink a beer with 420 on the label, espc one brewed in ATL (it's prob craft malt liquor.)

I'm saying it's a chocolate city.

people hating on Sweetwater and Terripin. Theyre good beers that can be found anywhere depending on the areas. They add to the selection of the "i just need a beer store" when I cant make it to a specialty store. The Yuenglings of micro brew. Although I will say Terripin pissed me off when they took their Hop Karma Brown IPA from a 6 pack to a 4 pack and kept the same price. Good beer but the only way Im paying 9 bucks for a 4 pack is if its an Imperial. There are exceptions.

Had this recently. Not a big experience. Expected more nuttiness and malt. Very light and smooth. Easy to drink

southern-pecan-story-in-florida.jpg

Picked this up for like 2 bucks at Trader Joes. Not bad. Smooth and malty. I expected it to be heavier. Sweet being a higher grav.

0bba0e88abf04eadae3505f2f4213e76_320x320.jpg

Randomly grabbed a sixer of cans off the shelf, didn't pay too much attention to the label other than to see it was Blue Point White. This was the largest flick I could find, check the label, all I have to say is who from the oontz is working at Blue Point? Cool rap letterz does not improve the taste. Ha.

BPBC-White-IPA-can-sm_post.jpg?1343410017

The trappist posted a photo of some some mikkeller lambic bottles. I know I ride dude's beer dick pretty hard, but I want someone to go try one cus I'm too fucking broke. So choc, and i guess pedoe (considering your last post), i'm lookin at you two to get this done and report back.

185938_481684755193299_302941610_n.jpg

Spontankriek and Spontanframboos

not sure if i mentioned this, but i got offered a short term bit of work experience at Augustiner Brauerei before Oktoberfest next month.

in other news i am sipping on a Polish imperial grand porter and about to crack a Paulaner Urtyp Helle Weiss. assuming my german is correct, and it is, this should be a nice change to the normal.

I got no hate for Sam Adams, the Old Fezziwig and the winter ale are some of my favorite seasonals (mostly because of accessibility) and the Boston lager is a go to in that lots restaurants and dive bars will have a bunch of shitty beer on tap then one good one, around here that's either Boston lager or Sierra Navada pale ale.

Neither do I, I was just being snide to the guy above me. It's not bad by any means but I know several people who shit on it because it's popular, or consider it nectar of the gods. Neither of these viewpoints are valid...in my viewpoint.

I actually just moved away from a place similar to that in terms of beer selection and now I'm all giddy with options.